.327 Federal Club thread

Just got an email from Ruger. they have answered the call we've all been asking for. the new LCR 327 fed magnum.

And just when I thought I was through buying guns.:D

Hi WhitSpurzon, if you haven't already...
Be sure to check this thread and add your findings to it:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454312
I have wanted it to be -the- place best on the net to list our loads and chrono results in .327 Federal Magnum.

We do not have the "big guy's" laboratory, excellent tools and fat bankroll. But it sure seems to me that when it comes to .327 Federal Magnum, we have far more passion than ANY of the published data sources. :cool:

For those who don't reload, what is the response of others who try to take your brass at a public range? -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- is this? :D

Okay, Ruger LCR in .327 Federal Magnum.

Me? I have no interest in it. My brother in law may bite. But it does bring up some very important points:

This is example number 2,317 that Ruger simply does this! I have seen folks endlessly freak out when Ruger takes a particular handgun off the website or out of the catalog... but Ruger has a LONG history of simply starting them back up whenever they elect to do exactly that. We saw the SP-101, GP-100 and Blackhawk .327's all stop and get pulled, and now the SP-101 has returned, a new Single Seven added and now a brand new LCR. This is how Ruger rolls.

I believe the appearance of this LCR and the re-introduced SP-101 in .327 Federal as evidence that the GP-100 will one day return also. If they make one with a 6 to 9-inch barrel, I'm all over it.

If they got -NUTTY- one day and built a 7.5" barreled, 8-shot .327 Federal Redhawk, I would pre-order that. :D :cool:

For those who don't reload, what is the response of others who try to take your brass at a public range? -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- is this? :D
Well...
We shoot these from revolvers, haha.

So I don't think it is much of an issue. But it would be like a guy trying to steal the underwear that I am wearing I suppose.

Oh man I got the Email today.

You know I wont be able to resist a LCR in 327 mag.

I just dont have it in me..:D

Since my wife took back her Taurus M327 snubby. I was going to buy a 38 special feather weight. No way i will do that now. Not with this thing available.

The LCR is cool and I might just have to purchase one. It would be a good pocket gun and the double action triggers on those LCRs don't suck.

I kinda wish they would produce the 3" sp101 version with fixed sights because it is such an awesome gun, I would probably pick up a second one. The GP, if made again, I would purchase too. I almost bought one back in the day, but decided against it.

The 4" sp101 is alright, but my Blackhawk does everything that I would use that gun for...and holds 8 rounds and has like no recoil impulse because the thing weighs 400 pounds.

Honestly though, my real dream for this awesome cartridge is a Performance Center Smith and Wesson K or N frame chambered for this.

Just got an email from Ruger. they have answered the call we've all been asking for. the new LCR 327 fed magnum.

And just when I thought I was through buying guns.

I predict a run on supplies of 32 H&R. An LCR is hardly an ideal platform for 327 Fed Mag.

38 or 327m

Well probably if the 327 mag came out before the 38 we all would rag on the 38. just shoot what you like and figure your own loads out then we can all rag about something else lol:D

I wish Ruger would stop beating around the bush and just make the 3" SP101 in .327 Fed Mag again.

Enough barrel to let the .327 get up to speed, and enough weight to tame the recoil of this snappy cartridge. The new LCR will sap a lot of the .327's power and make it hard to shoot well to boot.

I appear to be one of the very few who is not impressed right now.

Perhaps one of few in the middle of the monster .327 Federal Club thread.

Out in the real world, most of the public probably couldn't possibly care less about this new LCR chambered for a round they've never heard of before.

The new LCR will sap a lot of the .327's power and make it hard to shoot well to boot.

+1.

It makes even less sense than the sp101 in .327Mag w/ a 2 1/2" barrel .... at least the 101 has some heft to it.

Out in the real world, most of the public probably couldn't possibly care less about this new LCR chambered for a round they've never heard of before.

"Most of the public" can barely load a revolver, if there's any time pressure involved....... THEY are not the target market, because they won't drop everything and run out and buy this before Ruger stops making them again ....... WE are Gun Nuts. This stuff matters to us. We will go out and buy it, because it is there.....

Unfortunately... we could also make the argument that -WE- didn't buy enough of them the first go-round to keep them in production. Obviously, there were MANY roadblocks in the early life of the .327 Federal, but as far as I am aware -- Ruger is the only gumaker on the globe that makes a repeating .327 Federal here in Sept/2015. I am unsure if Freedom still makes a .327 Federal.

Nahhh Ruger is smart and nimble enough to do it.
They see the buying binge is over. The volume sales for 9mm, 38, 40, 45 ect is certainly leveling off.
Why not make use of the excess capacity? Instead of laying off a shift or two.
Fill this pent up demand for the lower volume stuff.

They got me three times last year almost 4. If they would not have run em. I would not have purchased a thing.
How many friggin 9mm's ya need any way?
Now if they come out with the model 70 in 327. Chaching another sale.

I predict a run on supplies of 32 H&R. An LCR is hardly an ideal platform for 327 Fed Mag.

+2

I always kicked myself for missing out on the S&W 432 PD and every used model I saw was just a little too dinged up. I think the LCR is a better product all around. It definitely replaced my 442 in .38 special. I mean, six shots of reasonable strength with a little less recoil counts as a win in my book!

Yeah, the .327 is more than I want in a light pocket gun but so is .357! They both have more recoil than I want. They both have more blast and noise than I want. They are both inefficient in the amount of extra energy that they waste. They both have gains that aren't worth it to me in this package. I have longer-barreled steel guns for .327 and .357. So this will just be a modern .32 H&R Magnum with a crud collection ring in the chambers.

Back