.327 Federal Club thread

May just have to trade the 357mag gp for one.
If you can find someone who would do that...seems like a no-brainer.

GP-100's in .357 Magnum are fantastic guns, but there must be 3 million of them out there. WAIT! Ruger just made 20,000 more of them while I typed. There must be 3,020,000 of them out there! :p

Point being... easy to replace a GP in .357.

Ummm, anybody want to buy a Blackhawk?
Yea. That thought has crossed my mind, as well. Mine is even, seemingly, a low serial number (first 2 weeks of .327 production).

My wife would kill me, though. The Blackhawk is hers.

The only complaint I have about the SP101 in 327 FM

The front sight is marginal to poor. I have the SP101 4" version in 357 Mag, and it sports a fiber optics sight that is much better. Has anyone mounted either a fiber optics or tritium dot (like Big Dot) on the SP101 in 327?:confused:

I see that Hornady is making a 32 Mag Critical Defense round. Wonder how that will compare to the 327 rounds. However, it sounds nice for my 432.

My first reaction is .... WHY would Hornady make a current technology high-dollar defense brand in the .32 H&R Mag when the .327 Federal is obviously available...

But then it occurs to me that the FTX bullet used in that round simply won't stand up to the irrational velocities possible with the .327 Federal?

I wonder if that's the answer.

In .327 Federal, you could send that same slug out at 1,500 FPS.
It would probably turn itself inside-out BEFORE it hit the bad guy. :eek:

Looks like L.E. Wilson will have a 327 Fed Mag case length gage's available soon (PMG-327F). Midway lists the in stock date as 2-14-13.

Last edited:
I put myself on the notification list at Midway for the round. If ammo ever comes in, maybe I can try it out.

BTW, stopped at Bass Pro on the way home, the entire handgun section of ammo was out except for 45 LC.

Same with 223 and 308, no 22 - some of the 17s were there.

I have a Ruger sp101 3 in 327, had it about 2 yrs. I handload 32H&R and 327 shoot cast bullets. This is a fun gun to shoot. It has crimsontrace grips for around the house at night. This is a multi- functional tool and Idon't intend to get rid of it

Front Sight for SP 101 in .327 fed mag

Colorado Redneck, I installed a Standard Dot Tritium from XS Sight Systems for the Ruger SP101 chambered in .327 Fed Mag. Specified Model #RV-0001N-4, which is .180 high.

It's taller than the Meprolight, I suppose to compensate for a barrel that has less circumference than the .38s and .357s. Was nothing on the mfr's website to differentiate b/w the two calibers.

That is great info, Mr. Bluster. Thanks. I was shooting the 327 this morning, and it is such a sweet shooter. At 15 feet I can focus the front sight and the target. At 25 feet, the target is blurry or the front sight is pretty much nonexistant in my vision.

Thanks again!

Always wanted to check out the .327, I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find a SP101... Then I was really disappointed when I couldn't find a single .327 online or or B&M. Ran into a Taurus at my LGS and decided to pick it up. Really disappointed in the two in barrel.

327 Blackhawk

I just bought a Blackhawk in 327. I don't know why it took me so long to get one. The gun is accurate, fast, hard hitting, and all with very mild recoil. It is going to be a favorite! :D

When I get some more brass, I am going to load. I wanted to start out loading but I couldn't find any brass for a reasonable price so I bought 200 rounds, 4 boxes, of factory stuff for $25 a box. I will keep looking for brass but am in no hurry. It shoots pretty well but I am sure handloads will be better. I did get a couple of boxes of 85 XTP bullets.

Back