327 fed levergun????

I'd contact Henry Repeating Arms.

They seem to care about their customers, are Americans, and they introduced a .41 magnum lever action not long ago to critical acclaim.
This is not a bad idea. If we can get enough people to tell Henry to get on board to make a .327 rifle, it could actually happen.

EDIT: Hey look, I found just the guy who'd love to hear all about this sort of stuff

https://www.henryrifles.com/contact-henry-repeating/contact-anthony-imperato/

For everybody talking about the rumors that Henry was coming out with a .327 Magnum, I can confirm them.

I sent this message to Henry President Anthony Imperato last night:

I'm contacting you to express my and many other shooters and shooting sportsman's desire to own a rifle chambered for .327 Federal Magnum.

Being of a manufacturing background, I understand the risks of making a product that would appeal to a small minority of the shooting market, but know that there is a growing crowd of people who are realizing the potential of the .327 cartridge, especially in a rifle be it a lever action or perhaps even in the yet to be released single shot rifles you and Henry announced earlier this year.

I implore you to please consider adding a .327 Magnum rifle to your list of products. If it were to be done, Henry would be blazing a trail as the first production .327 Magnum rifle to be offered to the shooters who so strongly support great companies such as Henry Repeating Arms.

Thank you and Happy Holidays.

This response from President Imperato himself:

No imploring needed. The new Henry Big Boy 327 Fed Mag will be available in Spring 2017 in both rifle and carbine versions both in steel and hardened brass.

No imploring needed. The new Henry Big Boy 327 Fed Mag will be available in Spring 2017 in both rifle and carbine versions both in steel and hardened brass.

You should see me Snoopy dancing right now!!!:D
Put me down for a Steel Carbine...

Did you guys hear that??

.327 FED MAG LEVER GUN CONFIRMED!!! :D

Can you believe it?? Leave it to the folks at Henry (especially Mr. Imperato) to bring this dream come true!! Thousands have pined for a factory lever action rifle in .327 Fed Mag to compliment their .327 Fed Mag revolvers since the cartridge was introduced nearly a decade ago. Guys we are witnessing firearms history!!

Thank God for Henry Repeating Arms!! :D

Spring will actually work out pretty good for me too.
I am broke as crap right now. Xmas and property taxes, ect.
So I need s few over time weeks to build the fund. But its a done deal.

A pause for the COZ said:
But its a done deal.
Same for me. I'd prefer a single shot in .327 for ease of shooting .32 S&W Long or H&R Mag, but as another poster mentioned here earlier in this thread, the whole single shot market is pretty much dead. The variety of single shots is decreasing and those few companies that make them aren't the type that like to make extra barrels.

Rossi might jump on board in the future, but they haven't even made a .41 Mag rifle yet. Also, I don't want to know what the quality of their products will look like in 5 years, let alone the group sizes.

That's speculation though and if Henry is the first to make a production .327, they may also be the last to do so, thus it's a good idea to grab one ASAP if you ever think you'll want one.

I've love a 327 lever action but the big boy is already way too heavy. I hope they put it on a diet. If not it's going to weigh more than my 32-20 uberti 1873.

I wish I hadn't read that... :( Now I have to have one:D

I've love a 327 lever action but the big boy is already way too heavy. I hope they put it on a diet. If not it's going to weigh more than my 32-20 uberti 1873.

Possible but I suspect not likely. It could be done for sure, given Ruger got the 327 Mag in the single 7.
But I think they are scared, maybe rightly so.
The 327 Magnum is a very high pressure loading. magnitudes more than the 32 mag.
So if it takes them putting them in a heavier duty action to safely deal with that pressure.
I guess I can deal with it. just so long as I get one.

I had heard that the 32 mag lever guns that got the chambers bored out to accept 327 mag cartridges. May not be safe to handle them. But I dont know.

From Chuck Hawks:
The greater strength is required to handle pressures of up to 45,000 piezo psi, considerably greater than the 21,000 cup MAP of the .32 H&R Mag.

He also said this in late 2007 just before the 327 magnum came out.
Only took ten years for them to catch up.

To me, a far more interesting application for the new cartridge will be in hunting rifles and revolvers. Marlin, for example, should offer the .327 in the Model 1894 lever action carbine. This would seem to be a natural, as the Model 1894CL is already available in .32-20. Along the same lines, how hard would it be for Henry to chamber their excellent Big Boy lever action carbine in .327 Mag.? These would make excellent, fun to shoot centerfire rifles for hunting javelina, jackrabbit and coyote.

Last edited:
Torn.
Not sure if I'll be able to buy the Henry (if true).

To quote myself in this very thread....

If one is offered, I may buy it.

But....
I'm not a fan of Henry rifles. To me, they're clunky, chunky, unrefined, and look like ungainly hybrids of multiple classic designs.
And, of course, they'[v]e had some quality issues lately.

I WANT.
But don't know if I can bring myself to do it.
Time, and one in my hands [if even possible], will tell...

Regarding a single shot 327 rifle, Match Grade Machine of Hurricane, Utah makes custom barrels for TC products. They list the 327 Federal as a chambering they can supply for a TC Contender rifle (or pistol). I have two MGM barrels: a 10-in chambered in 32 S&W Long and a 24-inch chambered in 30-30 Ackley Improved. They are very high quality products. Extremely accurate. And they deliver on a 4-6 week shipping promise. I received both barrels in about four weeks.

When it is released by Henry, I will buy one. Most likely the rifle version, although either would work.

I'm very happy with this news. I have one of their .22 carbines, and it's been problem free.

Wait a minute... the excited posts above suggest that we've got confirmation. Has Henry finally moved from speculation to actual production? Is there a .327 rifle or carbine in the works?

If Henry does release this, I'd prefer it in their "Big Boy Steel" line and not too long in the barrel. Beggars can't be choosers though. I'll reward any reasonable effort with cash at my local FFL.

I've never held a Henry rifle before, but I'm going to assume that the Big Boy rifles are larger than their .22 lever actions? I would think Henry put the .327 in the Big Boy because it will surely handle the cartridge and as a test to see how popular a .327 rifle is.

If sales are strong, Henry may tinker with putting .327 into their Golden Boy rifles.

"If sales are strong" is the operative phrase. Henry is making an almost decade-long dream into reality here. So please, buy one right away! You'll be rewarding Henry for their efforts and doing something nice for yourself at the same time. (Capitalism is really something, isn't it?) Don't forget to buy some factory ammo while you're at it!

BTW, another thing you can do is to take out your friends and let them share in the experience. Turning other people on to this darling cartridge never hurts. ;)

The Big Boy rifles are definitely larger than the 22s. The long 327 would not work in a 22 action. The Big Boy is available in a brass frame so that will be possible. The Golden Boy is a 22 or 22 mag only. It will be interesting to see how much the performance of the 327 exceeds that of the old 32-20 in a rifle. All at the cost of an additional, 20,000 lbs of pressure.

Back