.22 Revolver Recommendations

You decide whether you gotta have a single action or a double action. Then the Single Six or a S&W 617(better yet an older 17 if you got the funds). Both will probably work.

I have an old flat latch model 34-1 from S&W that shoots like a laser. Probably the very best 22 handgun I own. But I sure like my two Single Six revolvers. And I DO shoot the 22 mag round out of mine. I have several thousand on hand so don't mind the cost. And its a real step up in power over the 22lr round. One of the best 22 caliber revolvers you could ever own.

I have a Single Six revolver I bought in 1976. Great gun.. For a fun cheap gun I bought a Heritage Rough Rider with the 16 inch barrel. This gun is for open carry only. My darling bride bought me a holster for Christmas and it looks good hanging from my belt. To get back to the OP's post if you want a single action 22 Ruger is the way to go. If you don't have the money for a single six or the wrangler then give the rough rider a look. It's sells for under $150 and it works.

Back