10mm Bug

Yea there a bit pricey... but man there nice.
Mine is the two tone with the solid black trigger... though I read somewhere that this was a limited run ... no idea if that's true.

If I could post pics I would... but for some reason firing line will not let me

I have been following this thread. I purchased a Glock 40 MOS yesterday a long with a set of dies. Brass and projectiles have been ordered in anticipation joining the 10mm fun club.

Good for you. Looking forward to a range report. I've a friend who bought the Glock 20 and is suffering a bit of buyers remorse for not getting the Glock 40.

Do you plan on putting an optical sight on it?

I plan to mount red dot on it. I have been shooting a Glock 17 that I had milled and mounted a Holosun 507c-GR. I decided to go with the Glock 40 MOS so I might try a couple of different optics.

wild cat mccane said:
I believe I used the word "commercial" 40 times in my post...so I kinda stopped reading that book on how I was wrong

How convenient seeing as his "book" completely invalidated your entire argument, or should I call a light novel, considering your argument wasn't all that much shorter than his counter-argument was?

Also, I'm pretty sure that most folks who are using 10mm pistols for Bear Defense aren't using "commercial" 10mm FBI Loads, but rather something significantly hotter. So either way, your argument is invalid.

Last edited:
Marvelous photos bac1023 (as usual).
I remember reading the late Col. Cooper's comments about the Bren Ten, nice to see some pictures.

Beautiful, Bac. Thanks for posting the pics. :)

That's the 'Sonny Crockett' edition too. Hard-chromed slide over bead-blasted stainless frame. :cool:

Thanks guys

Just to clarify, this isn't the model Sonny used in Miami Vice. He used a Bren Ten Standard Model with an aftermarket chrome finish on the slide to help it show up on camera. The model you see above is the Special Forces Light, which is factory chromed, but has a shorter barrel. Only 75 ever made.

Here's the Standard Model, except mine has the factory blued slide.

Here you can see the difference in barrel length...

Actually, no.

The SFL and SFD are both 4”, so a full inch shorter than the SM.

The SFD has a blackened stainless frame with a blued slide. They are a bit more common than the SFL, but still very rare. In fact, Forgotten Weapons did a video on the Special Forces Dark.

Watch it when you have a chance. Good info.

Actually, no.
The SFL and SFD are both 4”, so a full inch shorter than the SM.
The SFD has a blackened stainless frame with a blued slide. They are a bit more common than the SFL, but still very rare. In fact, Forgotten Weapons did a video on the Special Forces Dark.
Watch it when you have a chance. Good info.

Thanks! I'll check out that FW episode.

Not sure if it’s ok to link it here, but here’s the video. If it needs to be deleted, I understand.

Video is five years old

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3amzB_hVUw

Ian misspeaks a bit about the frame finish (all Bren frames are stainless), but most of his information is right on. He talks about the gun itself and the history of the company and the 10mm cartridge. About 1400 were made in total, most being the Standard Model. However, there was a Bren Marksman in 45 ACP, as well as the two Special Forces models and a limited edition or two.

Good history lesson for those interested or really any fan of the 10mm in general, because this is how the cartridge got it’s start.

Another 10mm fan. Glock G20 is tough to beat for an all around gun (although I do agree with another poster that it is a little like shooting a 2x4). It's a large gun so recoil really isn't an issue, nor is mag capacity. Plus it's accurate and reliable.

Also own a S&W 610. If you are ok with revolvers this is a fantastic gun. Mine has an adjustable rear sight and a 6" barrel. Trigger is outstanding (particularly in single action) and the gun is a tack driver. Moon clips make reloading almost as fast as a magazine. And you can also shoot 40 S&W to save some money and reduce recoil to almost nothing.

Another vote for 10mm. I have had about every incarnation of 10mm commercially available. I sold most all of them including my Glocks after buying an XDM10.
I live this gun. Good trigger, 1911 feel, accurate, good sights 5.25" barrel, conceals easy and not hard to carry. The only downside for some is its not optic ready. I can live with that I don't have optics on any of my other guns.

Back