Your "Pride and Joy" Rifle

My Garand from the Garand Guy;
1943 SA, new stock, new barrel

DSC004621.JPG

DSC004611.JPG

Not my main focus, which has been Enfields. I do have a Mod. of 1917 and now a Garand so may be I need/want/ would like to get somthing along the lines of a 1903A3. I can feel myself falling off the wagon.

Last edited:
A 1908 Brazilian Mauser. 100% original. Bore is a little rough. The Armory numbers are still visible on the stock. No importation marks either.

FullMauser.jpg

1903a3 Smith and Corona. Not in its original military garb but still one heck of a shooter. I wanted a 30-06, and no 30-06 weapon just screams America quite like a 1903 (ok bolt action weapon). Defiantly my favorite gun of all times.

n581381600_1235123_357.jpg

can't make up my mind.

sd003.jpg

..........................................:D:D................................

Mauser

Geez, I gotta take some pics. My fave of faves is my 1952 JC Higgins Model 50. The finest rifle I own. The rifle is 98% or better, .270 cal, and a tack driver. I just put a Bushnell 4200 scope on it, and refinished the wood. It's got a great pedigree, for a department store mutt:D
My partner recently GAVE me his Remington 700 all stainless and rubber with a Leupold scope. It has been singing a siren song to me and I like the caliber 7mm-08 which is a better caliber for deer here. It is also probably a pound lighter than my .270.
Decisions, Decisions I may have to use the Remington next year for deer, I like the weight and stainless is great here in the rain forest.
My in the white parts (bolt and mag floorplate) are perfect on the .270 I want to keep them that way, and not worry about babying my rifle in the field.

Must take pics, stay tuned.

My Favorite..1907 BSA MkI***

Started out in bad shape with Chrome Mag. Ended up feeling much better. It's still a work in progress as I replace parts with the correct ones whenever possible. I took a great deal of pride taking it out to shoot on it's one-hundredth birthday.

TK

Attachments

• MkI-2.jpg
    MkI-2.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 90
  • no1-mk1b.jpg
    no1-mk1b.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I would have to say my Type 38 Jap Arisaka in 6.5x50. Given to me by my uncle who had it in his closet for 50+ years, a vet bring-back. All matching parts, superb rifling, 100% original. Unfortunately, it's missing the firing pin, main spring, and safety knob. I've never shot it, but once I get the parts and a reloading press, look out :D

ok even though this is a

ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bite,

my pride and joy is and always has been my Savage made Enfield NO4 MK1*.

a new arrival and close second is my Japanese type 44 Arisaka.

now I'll be a buzzkill and offer a let down.

MAS36, got it for dirt cheap and despite being very beat up and worn, everything fit quite nicely and ran smoothely but man I cant seem to hit anything with that rifle.

"What is a zombie thread?????"
means its been brought back from the dead, the post at the top of the page dates back to 2008:

5thBatt..

So what is the checkering on the front grip like that,.??? Never seen that before.. Any history on that..???

I do live the MkIIIs they look just perfect..

Indy1919
the rifle is a No1 MkVI, one of 1024 (iirc) built around 1930 for troops trials, the last model of the No1 rifles it fits between the MkV SMLE & the trials No4, the checkering is one of the features of these rifles plus a recess behind the safety plus a lower left hand sidewall compared with the later trials No4 & production No4.
quite a rare rifle & on the wish list of many Lee Enfield collectors.

Not to put to fine a point on this SIGSHR but if you carried that rifle up San Juan Hill in 1898 Your Senior member status is really understated. You would not have gone under a different name once like Casca??

Back