Your most expensive handgun.

rep1954

Lets here and see the gun you currently own that you've spent a good chunk of your hard earned income on. After selling my custom Colt SAA's my most expensive handgun is a Ruger 50th Anniversary 357 Blackhawk that has been custom tuned and finished by Bowen Classic Arms. 8 years ago the the trip to Bowen's cost 2 1/2 times the price of the gun but well worth it to me. More gun than me and almost a grand less than a new Freedom Arms. And it's blued and CCH for the finish.

Last edited:
My most expensive gun is my Springfield TRP 1911. Other than replacing the full length guide rod with an Ed Brown GI rod and plug, the gun is stock.

It is just plain accurate and completely reliable. I felt bad at the time buying it, but if I lost it, I'd buy a replacement TRP without hesitation.

Had a Bowen-tuned 4" S&W M25 (.45LC) for a while. Bought it used, so it wasn't back-breakingly expensive, but it was a beautiful revolver. I spent too much time worrying about scratching it, so I never did enjoy it as I should have. Sold it to a gentleman on this forum--perhaps he'll chime in (and add pics).

Krezy...
Didn't stroke out on us, did you?

Or just building the suspense? :)

I guess we aren't actually revealing how much we paid for our most expensive handguns?

This is mine. Given the condition (broken hammer tip) I paid too much for it. But as the old saying goes, I wanted it.

standard.jpg

Shoots OK, too. I carried it for a while. Wonder if this is the last RM to ever be carried?

standard.jpg

Browning Hi-Power wasn't the most expensive when I bought it more than 20 years ago. I think I paid around $400.00 for it. It's probably worth close to twice that now, not counting the Crimson Trace grips.

A WWI colt 1911 in near perfect condition. Bought it for $250 in the '80's from A guy he no longer wanted hs grandfathers war relic.

My most expensive handgun would have to be my 4" Royal Blue Colt Python. I paid $800 out the door for it in 2007. It joined my 6" Python bought in 1979. Twenty-eight years apart and both made the same year.

Mine is a Coonan Classic. I bought it with the adjustable night sights and 4 mags. I have added two sets of custom grips, a longer 6 inch barrel and another mag as well as a custom shoulder holster.

I have probably run about 7000 rounds through it.

:D

It depends on whether you consider what they are currently worth, or what you paid at the time you bought it.

For me, the most valuable single gun I have is my 1964 Python:
IMG_1395-XL.jpg

What I shelled out the most for, was on a two gun deal back in January. A S&W 29-2 and a 57, both made in 1978 and both NIB:
IMG_1874-XL.jpg

IMG_1909-XL.jpg

Back