Your most accurate handgun?

pretty much all of my S&W revolvers and deadly accurate. The one that I like best is my 5 inch model 27. next is the S&W model 686 classic hunter non fluted cylinder. It will shoot out the 10 and x ring at 25 yards.

Tie between my 1955 Combat Masterpiece 38 spcl

AEB14A41-F6DC-4E3E-9D7E-6704F67662B7_zps8fq3uui9.jpg

And my 1950 (something) Hi-Standard Dura-Matic

4C23DEC8-0159-4325-AF65-85FAE3E89A2D_zpsqrzqchda.jpg

Sig P220, followed closely by my Ruger Mk 3. The Ruger is probably more accurate, but I'm not practicing as much as just having fun when I shoot that.

Off bench all mine do very good but freehand is another issue,my G17 shoots nice freehand so does the CZ75 the GP100 shoots well also as do my campers in 22lr but when it gets down to real accurate it all depends on how I feel.guess I'm more steady with the G17.

If you put the guns in a vice, I bet they are all pretty consistent and accurate. It comes down to what do you shoot the best.
For most people my guess it would be a 22lr in single action mode. Maybe that is why competition target shooters use them.

Last edited:
Hands down my most accurate handguns are my Contender(s) and my XP-100.

On a good day I can get groups about smaller than those of my best revolvers, and about half the size of tilt barrel autopistols, using the same ammunition. (Contender, with several different barrels)

The XP-100 (.221 Fireball) is simply rifle class accurate, being, essentially a bolt action single shot rifle with a 10" barrel and pistol grip.

I have revolvers and some autoloaders that can come close, but cannot quite match the accuracy of these single shots, despite being more accurate than the general run of revolvers and autos...

Rimfire: Ruger Mark III Competition
Revolver: S&W 27 8-3/8" triple T
Semi: Kimber Stainless II in .40S&W

Edit to add: These are the ones that I personally shoot best. Put in a ransom rest I might have some different results.

Sig P6.
S&W 66-4.

Both surplus refurbs. While others cost many times these combined, these two are just excellent shooters.

The op left it wide open,so I'd say my MOA Maximum.

Its a silhouette/hunting style 14 in bull bbl'd single shot falling block.

Mine is a .260 Rem.I get about 2600 with a 120 gr Ballistic Tip.It has a 4x Leupold on it.

I have not had it out in a long time,but on my butt,leaning back on my left elbow,resting it on my right knee,its not a big deal to hit a clay pigeon at 200 yds.

It will easily live up to "MOA Maximum"

I believe a member here works at MOA Maximum.Perhaps he will verify my claim is credible.

I restocked a XP 100 for a friend.He was having issues.It had been rechambered .223,yet had original twist,1 in 14 I think.55 gr Mil type ammo was hitting target sideways.I tried 52 grain MK's.
I gave him a 10 shot bench target half dollar size group at 200 .
He was happy.

Back