Your most accurate handgun?

My Sig P210 came with a bench test target of 5 shots, 25 meters = 27.3 yards, maximum hole-to-hole separation of 1 inch. My Mauser P08 may be comparable, but I haven't carefully tested it from a rest. My other guns, not nearly as good. I can't get that tight shooting handheld, but that's me, not the gun.

That's amazing! I have never bench rested a handgun; but I would be interested to know how the Ruger would do. It's no SIG p210 of course but I'm curious.

Thompson Contender. My .222 and .30-30 barrels both group around 1" at 100 yards from a rest.

Sig Trailside is my most accurate bottom feeder.

Mine would have to be my 357 Mag Blackhawk 6 1/2 inch barrel. What it does with 125 grain hard cast lead on top of Bullseye or HP-38 in 38 Special brass puts a smile on your face. Very very close second is my Single Six.

Some of the the High Standards I have shoot very good, well under 1" groups @ 50 yards.

Trophy.jpg
TrophyTgtSK.jpg

But nothing I have ever seen will out shoot a free pistol. This one will tear one hole @ 50 meters.

PardiniFPM-1_zps8e8fa167.jpg

Yeah? I shoot about 4-5 times a year. Mostly self-defense drill and double-taps. I'm on a college student + young child budget.

How often do you figure those guys shoot?

It isn't comparable. They would shoot my Ruger way better than me to.

No offense intended - your original post was made without context. It sounds like you do fine given your frequency of shooting.

Centerfire: Old 10" 357 Max Contender with a 2x Redfeild.
Rimfire: 7.5 Ruger MkII Govt. Model

hmmmm....

One of my 9x19 EAA Witnesses has a hard-fit Nowlin barrel (thank you Mr. Cogan) and it is uncannily accurate.
So is the 9x21 factory barrel I fit to my other 9mm Witness.
And my all-custum Caspian 1911 with its BarSto is pretty good, but bettered slightly by my old Kart-barreled Springfield Armory 1911 originally set up for Bullseye shooting, now modified more for wear.
And both my 4" GPs have delivered spooky accuracy.

But I think the best might be my 7.5" 357 Redhawk; I got this load using the Hornady 158g XTP that made me go look at the target to see if I was missing (I wasn't; they were just all going into the exact same hole ;)).

No offense intended - your original post was made without context. It sounds like you do fine given your frequency of shooting.

Oh, none taken, I enjoy playing devils advocate and I'm a stickler with comparisons.

You should have seen me a few years ago before I started purposefully training. I was a complete mess. :)

Gentlemen, those are some truly fine firearms you've got!

I was particularly happy to see the GP100 and S&W 586 on the list; those are both bucket list guns for me.

Mine would be a toss up between my S&W 41 and my S&W 17-2. As far as centerfire, it's another toss up between my CZ 75 BD 9mm and Springfield RO 1911 .45acp. I wish I had access to a ransom rest type setup to more closely tell how much potential each one actually has.

I'll say I'm a reasonably good shot, better than some, not as good as some, but all of my handguns can shoot much better than I.

But for reach out and touch something, my Super Blackhawks excel, especially when the range is in the neighborhood of 200 meters.

Bob Wright

Back