Your home defense weapon and load

Name the gun you would go to first for home defense, and what you load it with.
For me, its a Benelli Nova with Federal 00 Buck

(or my 1911 with 230 grain Hydra-Shoks)

depends the kinda mood i am in,

if i really dont feel like messing around ill go for the winchester defender 1300 7+1 full of Federal OOO buck :p

or if they want some suprises of JHP, ill run around the house with my XD40

:rolleyes:

well... i go with my only option... Sig P220R with a M3 light on it loaded with Double Tap Gold Dot JHP. 230gr at 1010 fps.

:)

I would go to the closest one.

That might be a Winchester 1200 with low recoil 00 buck.
It might be a Mossberg 500 with low recoil 00 buck.
It might be a Sistema with 230 grain Hydrashoks.
It might be a S&W M38 with 110 grain Hydrashoks.

It would, however, be the closet one. A handgun is on my person. The shotguns are at opposite ends of the house.

HD gun? Has to be a short barrel hammergun. What's better? If the hammers are back it's ready to go. No mystery, no confusion - it's so simple it's almost perfect. Of course it's only two rounds (OO Buck) - and a .38 revolver for back up. I believe in keeping it simple - as simple as possible.

Well, I have several weapons handy.

First is my BHP in an Alessi 'Bodyguard' shoulder holster. She's accompanied by three thirteen round magazines.

Second would be either of my two Yost Colts. I have a duty belt set up for one with three magazines and a flashlight, so it would be a great grabngo rig, just like my BHP.

For long duration events, I have a Marlin M45 Camp Carbine sitting ready with a 10rd CMC Powermag loaded. I bought this lady because I love the Colts so much. Thought it would be a good idea to have a carbine that fed off of the same magazine.

Lastly, there is my M4gery. Currently, I have it loaded with Winchester 45g HP which I hear will minimize penetration through walls and such while still doing a number on a hostile in the house. I don't have a light/laser/IR/NV device attached to the weapon.

Ya'll think that'll do?

Mine is an AR15 with XM193 55 gr. ball.

My wife's is a Rem 870 loaded with Zanoletti Double Impact. She don't mess around and sees no reason why something like drywall and doors should impede her ability to hit her intended target.

If I roll right in bed, a Beretta 96G-SD with 11-round mag, five extra mags, X200 light, loaded with 180-gr. Speer Gold Dots. If I roll left, a Sig P226R 9mm with Trijicons, 15-round mag, two spare mags, loaded with 124-gr. Speer Gold Dots. If I reach up between the bed and nightstand, a Mossberg 590A1 cruiser ready with 8 rounds of Federal 00 buck and 6 slugs in the Sidesaddle.

In-house: 12 gauge 870 with 20 inch barrel, pistol grip stock and slide, extended tube mag with first 4 rounds of #9 shot and the next 3 of 00 buck and last round a rifled slug. Short, fast, plenty of rounds and quite lethal at the maximum distances inside my house.

Winchester Defender 1200

Loaded with 8 +1 in the pipe Sellier and Bellot 2 3/4" 00 Magnum Buckshot

Its handy, just keep it resting against my nightstand. The Sellier&Bellot stuff is decent, doesn't buck as hard as most 2 3/4" magnums, and the shot pattern is pretty tight in my gun.

If I need more gun, I have the SKS in my closet with 5 strippers handy. Rest are in the safe.

First choice is a 1911, Colt or Springfield, with 230 grain HydraShock JHP.
Back up is an Bushmaster shorty with an EOTech holograph sight. I like Black Hills JHP for this.

Let's see if someone just broke into my house, I'm gonna stick my hand in the safe and whatever I can get my hands on the quickest I'm using. More than likely it will be my 870. I live upstairs and I know where my neighbors are at.

Either a Beretta 96FS with 12+1 rounds of 165 grain Federal Tactical JHPs, or a Sig P228 with 15+1 rounds of 147 grain WWB JHPs is within easy reach at all times, and both are close when I'm sleeping. Between 3-4 other firearms are always nearly ready to go, often just needing a round chambered.

My slow-motion, claymore mine.

The Beretta 1201FP that 70 .36 caliber balls explode out of in less than 2 seconds.

"In a world devoid of semiautomatics, a properly set-up Webley is the ultimate full-size self-defense handgun."

1st up is the 1911-A1 with Rem 230-gr Golden Sabres

Then the Maverick 88 w/3"Mag #4 Buck 41 .24-cal balls per load

After that, the Most Serious Artillery...US Rifle Cal .30 M1 popularly known as The Garand

Same gun I carry for defense. A Colt .38 Special Official Police. Only when I'm at home I put blue tipped Glazers in it.

Back