Your First Gun . . . and Your Next One

My first firearm was a Phoenix Arms HP-22. It was (and is) a great little gun. It was a steal at 99.95 I bought an extended target barrel kit and pinkie rest magazine. The warranty service is great, also. I didn't even own a firearm until I was 34. The last gun I bought was a KelTec P-32, and I'm sure if you have read my posts elsewhere, you know how I feel about it. It is a great gun! Next gun will probably be a .22 mag for the groundhogs to try to outrun!

------------------
Have a Twinkie, snappahead---Ford Fairlane

First: Savage Camper O/U .22/20ga.

Last: HK USP40 (Yesterday :))

Next: Since is doesn't appear that the ever-so-elusive Glock 36 will be out in our lifetime, I'd have to go with a Ruger 77/44. Or maybe a Steyer M40. Hmmmm... Maybe a nice S&W 629. Here I go again. Let's leave it at the 77/44 for now. :)

First: Remington 721 in 30-06

Most Recent: Kimber Gold Match

Next: Either a Cooper Western Classic or another Dakota.

My first gun [that I wasnt issued] was a Browning Hi Power. Bought it from a fellow officer, as at the time, being under 21, the gun shops wouldnt sell to me, even though I was an LEO. Sold it after 7 years, and boy was I sorry... still wish I had it. Next gun is gonna be a compact Glock, model 26.

1st, New H&K 91 age 14 $379 from my best friends father who had ffl. Traded it when I went in the service, boy am I dumb!

Last USP40

Next CCW pistol or possibly a benelli??

First gun (gift from dad)--a Winchester Mod 13 youth 20 ga. Why did I get rid of that???

First gun I bought: My new Ruger MkI.

Next gun: I dunno. It'll be awhile before the finances recover but it'll be either a CZ-75 variant or an EAA Witness. Nothing compares to the way these feel.

First gun: Colt Python .357Magnum, Blue, six inch barrel.

Next gun: Kahr E9 for the girlfriend.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

First was Ruger Bearcat. Next I'm contemplating but it probably won't be as fun as the 1st. I'm about to get my son his 1st "real gun" and it'll be a Ruger Mark 11.

first one i had was a ruger 10/22 now the first i bought my self was a nef 12 ga single shot my latest one was yesterday a win. 70 in 308

------------------
oneshotonekill

First rifle: a Remington Nylon 66, paid $40 for it in 1967. Stolen.

First handgun: Beretta Model 76 in .22 rimfire. Sweet, sweet thing. Wish I still had it. (I stopped competitive shooting, so the police cancelled the licence; I had to sell it.)

First shotgun: Bentley P/A. Destroyed by police after gun "buyback".

Next firearm: Under-and-over 12ga "sporting clays" gun. Not sure of the brand yet -- probably European, such as a Lanber. ("Cheap" shotguns are still around $1000 here.)

B

First gun: Taurus PT99

First rifle: Browning A-bolt II .25-06

Next gun: I'd like a custom Government 1911 .45

I reserve the right to buy any gun that I find at a bargain between now and when I buy the 1911! :)

[This message has been edited by DMSC (edited December 13, 1999).]

First gun: HK USP .45 with the Stainless Steel slide.

Next gun: Titanium/Gold Desert Eagle in .44 Mag/.50AE (I'll get both barrels so I can swap)

1st gun was a Marlin Model 75 22LR semi-auto.

Next gun, I'd like to find an older Smith & Wesson model 639 with adjustable sights. Problem is that they're older and getting a little scarce.

------------------
Ron

Detroit Area Chapter
Terra-Haute Torque & Recoil Society

Been shooting since I was 3 or so...

My first?? Marlin 995 22 auto rifle (still have it)

First pistol was a Ruger mk2 22 auto pistol.

NEXT???

Most Likely a CZ 550 magnum rifle in .375 H&H or a ccw 357 revolver. Of course I JUST saw that new para ordinance LDA double action 45....

Its gonna be an expensive new year ;)

Dr.Rob

First I bought? 1100 remington 12 ga 3" magnum LEFT HANDED. (I am a lefty, believed it would be hard to find)
1 week later (before i took possession of the shotgun) I found a remington 760 in .30-06, left handed safty... a quick call to the love of my life (My wife shhesh, what are you guys? gun nuts?) and visa allowed me to take the rifle homke first.
a .357 revolver found its way to my home when a friend said it might be for sale, he was smart, asked to talk to the wife before he believed me.
next? well, it will cost me double (the price for the wife saying yes is she gets as much $ to play with)
i think a 1911 type .45, no, a 7mm stw rifle, no wait a benelli, umm see my post on gunaholic thread...)

First Rifle- Winchester 94 .30-30

First Handgun- Browning Buckmark .22

First Shotgun- Remington 870HD

But the very first was a Daisy Red Rider BB gun.

First gun: Remington 870 12 ga. (a gift)
First handgun: Rossi mod. 971 .22 revolver
Next gun: Winchester Mod. 94 Trapper, in .44 Mag.
The Trapper will complete my gun collection; I'm one of the fortunate few to be able to honestly say I've got every gun I've ever wanted! A considerable achievement for a (relatively) young man of 29, IMHO.

Sic semper tyrannis

freedomlover

First gun was given by my parents for a Christmas gift about 40 years ago: Mossberg bolt action .410 shotgun with 3 different choke tubes.

My next gun will probably be a SIG 239 in 9mm or a full size 1911 pattern pistol in .45ACP with an alloy frame. Right now, the Wilson Protector is out in front.

Back