Your First Gun . . . and Your Next One

My first real firearm was a Savage .410 single shot.

I'd like my next weapon to be a Ruger Blackhawk .357, but since yesterday I was exposed to a .303 Enfield and . . .

First: an old Stevens .22/.410 O/U
First that I bought: Sig P220
Last: a Sweet Rem. 700 22-250, bull barrel, custom trigger, Composite stock, 6-18 Burris Scope. (And a Damn Good Deal on it too!) Merry X-mas to me ;)!!!
Next will be: Marlin 336 (30-30), or .357 revolver, or .380 auto, or scoped .44 Mag, or an SKS, Or......

First was a J.C. Higgins single-shot bolt action .22, followed very closely by a Marlin 39A. Still have both, by the way.

------------------
Regards - AZFred

First was a Ruger 10/22. Next... jeez, after the spree I've been on, nothing for a while. :)

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

Eastern Arms 12ga break action. ?? MA DUCE

Hank

------------------
And who exactly were those guys in the black hoods firing rubber bullets and flash
bangs? Local police? THE SECRET SERVICE ORDERED THE SEATTLE PD AND NATIONAL GUARD TO CLEAR THE
STREETS OF ANY AND ALL PEOPLE!!!

First Rifle I ever bought was a Savage 24v over under combination. .30 over 20ga.
First Handgun was .357 Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk in Stainless Steel.
Next Handgun will be the James Bond Walther P99.
And theres been alot in between
------------------
gun control is people control

[This message has been edited by loknload (edited December 10, 1999).]

1st: a bolt action .22 that was my fathers.
Next: Either a S&W mod 27 with 8 3/8" barrel or a custom lightweight commander sized .45.

My first rifle was a custom Mauser 98 chambered in 30-06 that I got for a song. First handgun was a stainless Ruger Police Service Six with a 3" barrel in 357. First shotgun was an Ithaca 37 in 12ga. Next is either a Barrett M82A1 or a Robar in 300 Win. mag. Maybe both.

My first rifle was a custom Mauser 98 chambered in 30-06 that I got for a song. First handgun was a stainless Ruger Police Service Six with a 3" barrel in 357. First shotgun was an Ithaca 37 in 12ga. Next is either a Barrett M82A1 or a Robar in 300 Win. mag. Maybe both.

First gun: Beretta 92fs and a Remington 870 youth model for my wife, bot purchased at the same time (yes, you can do that in my state.)

Next gun: a conceal carry gun for my wife.

Next next gun: probably a Ruger 10/22.

First was a gift-Win. break open 12 ga. First I bought-Ruger single six. Last two together-Colt series 70 .45 (like new) and a Para p-12. Dreaming .50 BMG yea!!!!!

My first firearm was a Sig 225.

The next one on my list........hmmmmm....a Savage 12 in .223 so I can go to them thar' egg shoots in Taxachu....ummm, Massachusetts to the south of me. Why Savage? Simple, I'm a freakin' lefty! They have what I need, and they're accurate to boot!

My first was a little bolt action .22 that I have no idea what happened to. I got this when I was 12 from another kid for $25.(1964)
My next one will be a Bushmaster carbine.

First gun: Marlin SA .22 lr.

First handgun: SW 645 (still miss it).

Next handgun: Ruger Redhawk .44 mag. stainless, scope rings.

------------------
Anarchism: The radical notion that I am the sole authority when it comes to deciding what's best for me.

[This message has been edited by SlackO (edited December 11, 1999).]

First firearm: Dad's ancient Remington single-shot .22 Barrel is like a mile long, shoots like a dream. He had it re-blued before he gave it to me, which I thought was a very nice gesture.

First firearm I bought: Kel-Tec P-11 9mm, which is also the firearm I was happiest to be rid of!

Next firearm: probably a .22 revolver for teaching the kids

JP

------------------
Nehemiah 4:18 " ... and each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked."

Remington 700 BDL in 30-06. Next was a Mauser Swiss pattern Parabellum (post war production of the Luger).

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

My first rifle was a Remington nylon 66
22lr tubular mag semi auto with 2x7x20 scope in 1974.
My first handgun was a Excam 25 acp single action semi auto.Next was the Armilite ar 180
in 223 rem with folding stock & 3x9x40 scope.
Then a Mitcheal arms 44 mag single action,
10 inch barrel & adjustable sights--made on Colt machinery by Umberti, Italy.Next was a ruger mark 1-t678, tapered brl & adj micro sites.Sold it to my friend & still get to shoot it occasionally. Then a win. model 140 semi auto 12 ga with 28 in VR win choke screw in tubes. I lost track from this point (1985) forward because I opened a gun shop and would have to review 36 pages of transactions.

Last was a S&W model 29--44 mag Rev with 8&3/8 in brl and vent rib cut for scope mount. did I steal that for 170.oo or what!
I been offered 350.oo & I wont sell! My new toy! Maybe after I shoot it a couple of years
Ill consider selling it, maybe not! I gotta see about finding scope rings to fit that VR cut out & then go to the range & play! Now
where did I leave my Lee 44 mag bullet casting dies? Im gonna need to reload some ammo for that gun ifin I want to shoot it.
I got a shoe box of empty 44 mag cases around here some place, where was it I saw them at 2 years ago?heheheheheheheh !:^)

If I ever wear all my guns at once, I would be pinned immobile at the bottom of 2,000 pounds of gun metal.

And the DUPES ASK "What do I need
"A" gun for!" "A" gun was 1974
What do I need 2,000 pounds of guns for?
hehehehehehehehehehe!
Pokiemon, gotta catch em all!

[This message has been edited by ernest2 (edited December 11, 1999).]

First was a gift: Mossberg Model 500

First I bought: Ruger 10/22

First Handgun: Glock 30

Next weapon: The Rock doesn't know.

The Rock

First: Cresent Arms single shot .410, gift from my Dad. Still have it.

Next: hummmm...... gun show this weekend, I'll see what strikes my fancy.

Back