your EDC

pick one

• Sig sauer p226 9mm

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • glock 19 any gen

Votes: 75 64.1%

• Total voters
i have no problems with gloks, just like the sigs better, if you can stomach the cost, the Sig 250 Compact is the best shooting "pocket" nine ive ever had the pleasure to shoot. i think both of the choices are too large to carry comfortably all the time

Mine
Sig 1911U with a custom iwb from Cerisse Wilson.

y3ahyju5.jpg

Given the two choices by the OP, I'd go Glock.
I don't really know Sig.
I've owned, carried and shot Glocks problem free.
I've shot with guys using Sigs and they've had assorted troubles during matches.
For that particular kind of gun, plastic doesn't bother me.
The Glock just seems to work all the time.
Is the Sig a good or better gun than I think it is?
It might be.
I just have had no reason to buy one and find out for myself.

Of the 2 pistols in you option list I would take the glock. But in all honesty like Mr. Irwin my first selection is actually a Browning High Power with maybe a 1911 platform in 9m/m(if the 9m/m is a must do) in second.

That's funny. I carried a P226 for 3 years. Then a Glock 19 for almost two. And at the start of this year I've gone back to my SIG P226 and have not looked back. My second carry of choice though is the Glock 19. Both sport Trijicon HD night sights. Since this year began until now I've trained about 72 hours with my P226 and put 2k through it. Totaling at about 5k and change so far.
qese6aqy.jpg

your EDC
For all whom carry daily, if your choice of caliber is 9mm which would you prefer or pick to carry, a glock 19 any gen or a sig sauer p226?

And Why?

If restricted to those choices?

P226 for EDC duty weapon
G19 for EDC off-duty/retirement CCW

... IF I HAD to carry one or the other of those models/calibers.

Why?

Because the P226 is larger and heavier than I care to carry around on my own time anymore. I spent enough years carrying one or another full-size weapon on & off-duty. The G19 is still larger & heavier than I prefer to carry as a daily retirement CCW, nowadays, but it's still the preferable of the 2 listed models ... if I had to choose between those models.

I've been trained as an armorer for both Glock and SIG Classic pistols, and have spent enough trigger time using guns from both companies, to consider both of them to be good quality, reliable and accurate pistols.

Also, if I had to choose a SIG P226 to carry, and I had the option, it would be one of the TDA models (traditional double action, or what some people like to refer to as DA/SA), and not the Enhanced DA (DAK).

I don't own either a P226 or a G19, though, so there you go. ;) (I do own a pair of G26's and a G27, and a lot of other pistols and revolvers which I use for training & retirement CCW.)

I couldn't vote on the Poll because there wasn't an option for splitting my choice based upon reason.

Glock 19, but really for me it would be the more compact and smallerer Glock 26 that I'd carry because I find my 19 a tad large to conceal on my frame well. I'm too short!

Back