your EDC

pick one

• Sig sauer p226 9mm

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • glock 19 any gen

Votes: 75 64.1%

• Total voters
Size wise the Sig 226 and Glock 19 are not in the same class so for carry the 19 is the obvious choice. Otherwise I would pick the 226 over the 19 any day.

To be 100% honest, neither of the above.

If I had to carry a full-size 9mm, it would likely be a High Power.

But, since this question is in the entirely wrong forum, I'm going to call an audible.

I'd carry (and I frequently have) my Smith & Wesson Model 19 2.5" in .357 Magnum.

That's MY kind of 9mm. :)

Last edited:
I must be getting old . . . . at first when I looked at this post, I thought it was about alphabet soup . . . . :D

I knew it couldn't be about "scrabble" . . . :rolleyes:

While I'm an XD fanboy and not overly keen on GLOCK, I do not like hammer guns for carry at all. So while the Sig is definitely a better quality machine and my preference for HD and or range fun, I'll have to take the G19 in this case.

The Glock is smaller and lighter. The Sig is safer.

A weird comparison considering one is a compact and the other full size. G17/226 or G19/229 makes more sense.

Not enough choices.

I have more then a dozen different handguns to choose from depending on the specifics of what I am doing that specific day from a .22 to .44 magnum and BP too as there aint much you cant kill with a Walker.

There simply aint no reason to limit yourself for SD.

Of your 2 choices, I'd carry the 226 hands down over a Glock....grip angle, trigger is way better on the Sig in my view.../ I have a Sig 226 all stainless in 9mm and one in .40 S&W but I rarely carry either one of them ....

( but if I want to carry a 9mm....it'll be a full sized Wilson Combat Protector model, all stainless, 10 + 1 , 5" barrel...)....and while I carry it once in a while, I carry's its cousin primarily, my Wilson Combat CQB in .45 acp...

Double Impact said:
NOT THE ONE YOU SHOOT BEST, Because you shoot them both with absolute professional accuracy and speed equally!
Well, that pretty much negates most of the other differences between the guns other than size and weight. Most of the time when someone prefers a specific gun it has to do with the way they shoot it: I like Glocks (and other similar pistols) because I shoot them better than DA/SA guns. But some people would pick a SIG because they shoot it better than a Glock.

But if you're pretending that everyone shoots both guns the same, that gives an unfair advantage to the Glock for EDC considering it's smaller and significantly lighter.

The absolute best gun is the one you can shoot well and is most reliable with your grip and can do so with follow up shots. It is better to have a 22 short that is tack driven handled than a 50 cal miss.

bt380 said:
The absolute best gun is the one you can shoot well and is most reliable with your grip and can do so with follow up shots. It is better to have a 22 short that is tack driven handled than a 50 cal miss.
Yes, but for the sake of this poll, the OP is pretending that everyone shoots both guns equally well with equal speed and accuracy.

If I had to carry a 9mm, and i had to choose from those two, them my choice would be the Glock. Primarily because I HATE DA/SA triggers.

YMMV

Back