your EDC

pick one

• Sig sauer p226 9mm

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • glock 19 any gen

Votes: 75 64.1%

• Total voters

Double Impact

For all whom carry daily, if your choice of caliber is 9mm which would you prefer or pick to carry, a glock 19 any gen or a sig sauer p226?

And Why?

NOT THE ONE YOU SHOOT BEST, Because you shoot them both with absolute professional accuracy and speed equally!

Now keep in mind this is a friendly, Fun but serious question.:D

I love SIGs, but find myself carrying a G26 more and more just simply because of size/weight. The P226 is a wonderful gun and if you can handle the size/weight I would go with it, but I guess that just depends on how you intend to carry. For reference I hesitantly voted GLOCK.

Glock is smaller. The Sig 229 would make the choice a little tougher for me.

That said, I prefer not to carry DA/SA as I prefer a consistent trigger pull.

My EDC is a Glock 23. So the G19 would be my choice here.

Consistent trigger. No need to remember/train to decock. Low bore axis. Just a gun im comfortable with. I carried a G19 in Iraq for about 5 years (DoS contract). Never felt under gunned from a pistol standpoint.

I'd pick the Glock because that is the platform I am familiar and proficient with, although my new PPS 9mm is gaining steam.

My favorite CCW is the G-23 also & I guess the G-19 or other Glock 9mm.
I don't really understand the point of the question tho?????
I'll refrain from a caliber debate as it's useless to bring that worn out dog into any conversation.
I never felt undergunned with a 2" Smith M-36 in my days as a detective.
Why? would I carry the Glock?
Familiarity with the platform I guess.
I'd imagine both makes are as reliable, one for the other.
You mentioned caliber so that's not an issue.
You don't want "the one I shoot best" as an answer.
So what are you looking for?
I have several carry concealed weapons, the most important is ME.
I stay familiar with all of them on a regular basis, pistols & revolvers.
I live in the country on 15 acres with a back yard range & all my nieghbors are shooters so no issues with shooting complaints.

I have owned both the G19 and P226 for a short time but never carried either. If I had to, I'd carry the G19, even though I like the P226 more overall. The G19 is just less bulky.

I carry a 226 in .40S&W, mainly in the winter, and have to say after a full day of wearing it, you know it. I have a great holster for it but compared to my other carry gun, S&W 442, it just pulls on me a little more.

A loaded G19 weighs less than an unloaded 226

-Robb

To me, this question is about apples and oranges. For me, I'd take a SIG anyday, anytime over a Glock. If I were open carrying it would not be any discussion whatsoever...my SIG P226 Tacops. Glock would never be in the conversation.
For me, however, carrying means in the pocket or IWB concealed. So the full-size SIG would not really be in the conversation...I would have to go with the G19 between the two.
There are several other SIG's that I would take over the Glock. The 938, P224, P229, and P290 would al be more appealing to me.

Sig is too large for most. Glock for me.

It would have to be a Gen 4 though, as they have the beavertail backstrap and all the other Gens give me slidebite.

I really, really like the looks of the Sig, but I'm going to have to go with the G19. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure we're all stunned by that. :rolleyes:
1. The Sig is a good-lookin' gun, and I'm sure it's gnat's-eye accurate, but there's a huge difference in price. I can buy a lot of 9mm ammo for the difference.
2. I'm also not a huge fan of decokers. (Probably a totally irrational position to take, since I have no experience with them. Still . . . )
3. The Sig is quite a bit heavier, but that's not a deal-breaker. It's still within acceptable weight.

Ive carried both (usually a 17 over the 19 though) and wouldnt have a problem with either.

I never found the 226's to be big or heavy, and really never noticed any difference between them and my 19's/17's when it came to carrying them.

Which one do you like best?

After a number of years of being a "SIG guy", I switched over to Glock as SIG became more and more proud of their stuff and started charging accordingly. I simply get more for my money with the Glocks, and thats the way I went. Its not that one is better than the other, simply a value issue.

EDC?
Well I'd ACSG and never LHWO. But sometimes you must change and go with WYCC even if it is not WYAC. HAG is better than NHAG when you need one

STTT and it's not about WYWYH.

Make sense?

Probably not!
But TSSHCSIA doesn't it?

Which one do you like best? You ask

Ak103K

My answer to that is I'm really a 45 acp guy but I have a carry rotation that I have followed for about 40 yrs now.

I will carry Glock 30 gen4, glock 19 gen4, Sig sauer p220 or the sig sauer p226 tacops.

Now I like the sigs better but most of the time it's the kind of teaching and to whom or the job I might be on at the time, that would dictate my carry.

Now that I'm retired I will carry the p226 tacops most of the time, 21 rds onboard can't hardly go wrong.
With the advancements in ammo over the last few yrs 9mm or 40 S&W or the 45acp is pretty much a wash. They all do the job well.

For those that don't know EDC =every day carry

Wyosmith

EDC?
Well I'd ACSG and never LHWO. But sometimes you must change and go with WYCC even if it is not WYAC. HAG is better than NHAG when you need one

STTT and it's not about WYWYH.

Make sense?

Probably not!
But TSSHCSIA doesn't it?

What?

ACSG= always carry some gun
LHWO = Leave home without one
WYCC= what you can carry
WY"A"C = what you "always" carry
HAG = having a gun
NHAG = not having a gun
WYWYH =what you wish you had

Make Sense ? >>>>>>>NO IT DOESN'T!

TSSHCSIA = this sure shows how computer savvy I am.

But it makes a much better point.
Such abbreviations are far too over used and they do not make us look smart.

I am sure this will not endear me to some,but others may think it's time to point this silliness out.

Back