You ever buy a gun and were like why did I buy this gun!!!!

It takes me so long to save for a new gun, I have a lot of time for research. My last intended purchase was for a Rem 700 30-06. During the research phase I found I'd much rather have a Savage Axis II in .308. The next was to be a .223 bolt ~something~ and that's been switched to 22-250 bolt something. Maybe by Christmas time.

a whitney wolverine 22.
what a piece of junk. sold as soon as i test fired it. cleaned it...sold it to a guy at the range who said...wow what a cool gun. i smiled. wheeew.

A S&W 439, lightly used. Didn't need it - already had 2 9mm pistols. I thought the single stack design would suit my small hands, and it does; but I hate the trigger and the sights. I get hula-hoop sized groups at 25 yards. I can't wait to get rid of that thing in a trade for something else I won't need and will likely nitpick.

Yes, I bought an AR 15 before the election, named it Hillary. Would have rather had a new CZ .22 LR ( got the CZ a couple weeks ago). Still don't know if I'll ever seriously shoot the AR. Oh well.

Life is good.

As a family we'd go to the range fairly often, and the ones the kids like to shoot most were the 10/22 and the Mk IV. I bought a used Chipmunk .22 and my kids were like "really Dad really?" I sold it pretty quick.

Yep. I bought a Remington Custom Shop Model 700 Alaskan Wilderness Rifle chambered in 7mmSTW. This was back 20+ some years ago when the 7mmSTW changed from a wildcat to factory produced. I've maybe shot it 100 times in the past 20 years. I did use it to harvest an Antelope in Wyoming at 429 yards, so I guess it wasn't a total waste of $3000. :rolleyes:

Yes, I bought an AR 15 before the election, named it Hillary. Would have rather had a new CZ .22 LR (got the CZ a couple weeks ago). Still don't know if I'll ever seriously shoot the AR. Oh well...
+1 Yep, me too. I'm not a rifle guy. I haven't shot a rifle, or had a place to shoot a rifle in almost 20 years. I've never owned an AR-15 before, and I had no real desire to own one.

I resisted for a long time, but, I ultimately succumbed to [...] the "if I don't buy one now, I might not EVER be able to buy one" hysteria. I don't know why it would have mattered then, since it had never mattered before. But, just before the election, I wound up with an M&P Sport 2.

The only place where I can shoot this gun is the range where I go to shoot handgun. They also have a 50 yard indoor rifle range. But, so what? 50 yards for an AR-15? What's the point?

To make matters worse, I spent over $300 on 1500 rounds of ammo for it. That I will probably never use. Ever.

Every now and then, though, I pull it out of the safe and strike a Rambo pose in front of the mirror. Standing there in my polo shirt and khakis, it makes me look evil, so at least that's entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the most expensive, but

Bought a Marlin 795 that I didn't really like (would have preferred a 60) just before 22lr ammo became nigh on impossible to find in my area:(

Thought I needed a decent .22 in my safe, haven't shot it but once in several years:confused:

Yes I did and it was a S&W CS45. :rolleyes: Don't know why I bought it except for the fact it carried the Chiefs Special name? But after a while I really couldn't stand it. Now My son took a liking to it so I gave it to him! :cool:
Case closed I thought? Well he traded it in on a new Glock 33 and it turn gave that one back to me!,,,,Go figure? :D

Yep. Neither one was super expensive but:

S&W 686 4" for ~ 700. Brand new, beautiful stainless finish. But I could never get into revolvers, bought it for IDPA shooting and never got comfortable enough with it (despite putting a few hundred rounds through it, speed loaders and practicing speed reloading).

Glock 35 - Bought it used and it came with drop in 9mm barrel. Fired less than 100 rounds through it.

Both were bought on a whim at a local gun shop.

S&W M59. My first handgun being being a Browning HP, i was an early convert to the Wondenine. Just didn't like that aluminum frame. Got to fire a Colt Cobra before I bought-same thing.

"...why did I buy this gun!!!!"

No. If I develop "buyer's remorse", I just get rid of it--resell it.

However, it's at that point that I might be like, "Why did I pay that much!!!!"
:(

Last edited:
I've got 2 shell holder single shot 50BMG and only ranges around me within 100 miles are 100Yards. I did it because I could and wanted the biggest.

527107d1371554072-glimpse-my-little-collection-photo-50-shorty.jpg

582540d1381789313-glimpse-my-little-collection-50-ok2.jpg

Back