You can have ONLY 3 firearms....

Okay cdf...
I will see your OICW.
And Raise you a PANCOR JACKHAMMER for the Shotgun.
The USP MACHINE PISTOL for the side arm, and a for the rifle...
Perhaps the new Isreali Bullpup... Or a "Smart Gun" from "ALIENS"
:D

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
We, the people, are tired of being taxed, penalized, supervised, harassed,
and subjugated by a federal government which exceeds the powers
enumerated in the U.S. Constitution.

Ober,

Bagpipes & Danny Boy! That do it for ya?
Do the tune bit w/suitable fanfare & then pull the string (re Bobby trap) & send you off with a bang! Don't need no stinkin' shovel ;-)

In all seriousness. folks, my plan is to hang out in the house, listen to battery-operated radio for news if the electricty's out & ride out the storm.

We live in a fairly isolated area in CO. Blow two roads & post riflemen on the ridges. Wouldn't be too tough to cut off access to this area. Assuming the idiot neighbors don't call the Nat'l Guard because they're out of cigarettes & diapers. :-(

Okay, Kodiac, I see your Jackhammer and I rase you a...
Mk-19 with HEAT rounds and linked to a double-scan millimeter wave field radar.
And for an easy to pack backup I'll take my old SMAW with the newer FUEL-AIR warheads.
Still feeling a bit under armed, I'll bring along an ASP 30mm.

I hope this wasn't supposed to be a serious thread...

Since this isn't a "Run what you brung" list, I'd like to modify my choices.
1. Styer AUG 5.56 - 7 mags and 4 cans of bandoliers.
2. Mossberg 500 12 ga. - 10 boxes of #8 and 20 boxes each: 00 and slug.
3. Para P-13 .45 - 3 mags and 200 rounds hydra-shok.

If I had to haul my wide ass out of town on foot, I'd loose (hide for later recovery) the Styer and a lot of the extra ammo. The 12 ga. will handle most anything I'm likely to find.

I too would prefer to become scarce during the military ops. I'll leave it to the youngsters who enjoy the running.

Stuff I actually have and would bring:
1. Busmaster Dissipator
2. Ruger P91
3. Remington 870

Stuff I would like to bring if I lived in an imaginary world where I had lots of money and cool stuff:

1. HK USP Tactical with a supressor
2. SR25 Light match rifle, with US optics scope, and attachable night vision scope.
3. NeoStadt.

M1A .308
Remington 870 12 gauge
Glock 21 .45 ACP

All three gun groups were properly represented, now all I have to do is actually BUY a Springfield Armory M1A!

This is fun. I'll stick with the original rule of stuff I actually have.

Springfield M6 Scout .22 over .410 The .410 will be very light for birds, but I'll just have to make do.

Home-sporterized Enfield Ishapore .308 with cheapie 3x9 scope

Kahr K9 9mm pistol w/spare mag

I really wish I could take my BM AR shorty. Maybe I should leave the .308 and take it. Okay, I'll take the BM and leave the .308. Oh, I don't know.

JP

------------------
Nehemiah 4:18 " ... and each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked."

Well there are a lot of things I'd like to have.. but picking from my collection it'd have to be:

Bushmaster 16" AR15
Rem 870P
Bulgarian AK (i have no handguns :( )

#1 Remington 870 pump shotgun in 12 gauge - proven design and can be used for small animinals with shot, very large animals with slugs and self defense with buckshotand/or slugs. All of this with only a change in barrels and possibly and extended tube. Second choice in this catagory would be Mossberg 590 series.

#2 Remington 700 BDL in 308 - Long range hunting or sniping capabilities. NATO round. Second choice in this catagory would be an accurized M-14

#3 Glock pistol in 40mm with an additional 9mm upper and 9mm magazines - reliable and NATO round. Second choice Sig 228 (9mm)

I know you said only three, but additionally I would want a .22 caliber high velocity pellet rifle and this is not actually a firearm. It is supprizing the amount of small game that can be taken with one of these and in fact something as large as a deer can be taken with a frontal brain shot out to 15 yards. I have seen this done. Pellet went through skullinto brain cavity and then bounced around because it couldn't make it through bone below brain. Deer when straight down. .22 cal pellet moving at about 875 fps. Ammo in super cheap and it is not regulated (yet)

#1 AR15, 16"bbl (M4-gery)
#2 Benelli M1 12ga.
#3 USP 45 Compact

The AR15 will provide excellent close to medium coverage;

the shotgun will handle large animals or room clearing;

and the .45 would be a backup for those persistant problems.

HK-91
Remington 870 (Extensively modified by Hans Vang)
Colt 80 series 1911

------------------
Gun control started the Revolutionary War!..."itcta alea est"

My Three WCS ("Worst-Case Scenario") Y2K Firearms:

HK USP 40 Expert w/ Suppressor

Benelli M4 12 ga. (extended choke)

HK G36K (.223) w/ NVS

John Coleman

So it's decided then. HA!

In a slightly fried state of mind, I combed over the choices.

Most popular:

Handgun: M1911
Rifle (rimfire): Ruger 10/22
Rifle (centerfire): AR-15
Shotgun: Remington 870

Runner-ups:

Handgun: Glock 17
Rifle (rimfire): AR-15 w/ .22LR adapter
Rifle (centerfire): Steyr AUG
Shotgun: Mossberg 500

Correct answer:

Handgun: Glock 17
Rifle (rimfire): anything but Ruger 10/22
Rifle (centerfire): Steyr Scout
Shotgun: Mossberg 590
<duck & run>

You only need one. The M41-A pulse rifle from aliens. 'nuff said. Come on, I can dream can't I?

Damn Gunny, I like the way you think. Will you adopt me?

Back