You can have ONLY 3 firearms....

1.M1 Garand
2.12ga. Winchester pump
3.cougar 8040 or Smith 629

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance, Take Someone Out To Learn To Shoot Today.......

Nice to see the 10/22 & 870s represented here - you guys got good taste, for the most part.

Anybody thinking you're goning to fight it out is nuts. Sorry to pop that balloon. You could/might do it for some time but the definition of a survivalist is to survive. That doesn't mean trying to be the badest SOB in the valley. That means being the _last_ SOB in the valley. If you have to fight, sure, do it - who wouldn't. But WANT to? Not a chance. Give me that hole while it all goes down.

I'll bite though. Reasoning behind my choices?
1. Supressed 10/22 = quiet/accurate for food (I'd bank on my freeze-dried stores first) & a brick would last for a long, long time.
2. BHP & just two mags = I shoot it well & would only use it for personal defense in a last ditch close encounter. Figured the two mags ought to last almost forever 'cause I'd never have to use it.
3. 870 for later after all you guys have shot it out.

Besides, after the fracus, I'd have my pick of all you dead guys' guns. No smiley face pointedly intended.

& again, that hole to hide in till it blows over. Nothing else, with all that shooting going on, should be not too much of a problem & sneak in on all the machos & just take 'em with a supressed head shot at under 50 yards & then just do a fade. The crows & magpies will surely show me where to pick up the weapons later.

Figure if I've got to head for the hills (I already live there) but had to take off with it all on my back, I'd be overloaded with more than 45 lbs total (perhaps I'd need 10lbs more in winter). In fact, listening to what I'm hearing here, I think I'll leave out the shotgun. There'll be plenty pickins.

As far as survival stuff, since we seem to be heading that way, I'd take a gill net (super efficient/quiet protein method for smooth water), a few drop lines (ditto for even fast water). An olive drab mosquito net 48X48" strung out would catch all kinds bugs (all but invisible & oh so efficient) = more free protein. Plants would provide the bulk of my diet. Don't forget that crawfish trap - all of which would be checked/harvested in the dead of night.

In fact, I just might go for a 14" bbl supressed 300 Whisper & ditto supressed .22LR on a Contender carbine frame - all camo'd, of course. Keep the .22 brick & perhaps 50 rounds for the Whisper. Figure I'd never have more than 10 rounds on me at any one time while "harvesting."

Dump the shotgun (& quite likely, the BHP)altogether & with the weight saved, go for night vision or better yet, thermal imagery for that nighttime fun & games. Not many would ever stand the slightest chance.

Fun to bluesky about how bad we would all be when TSHTF. Too bad it won't happen that way.

There's an old saying - old age & guile will beat youth & strength everytime.

Signed, most respectively,
the last SOB in the valley. May yours be as preordained as mine.

------------------
we gladly feast on those who would subdue us

#1. Chandler built "Tactical rifle" - short barrled version - in 308 Winchester. #2. My Para P-14 "limited"in 45acp or my Glock model 20 in 10mm..... jeeze do i have to choose!!!! #3. Remington model 870 magnum "police special" shotgun in 12 guage with armored Ziess 2x powered scope mounted on this weapon. - Elvis has left the building...........

My ass it too wide to be climbing over mountains like the rest of you eco-chalenge guys, I'll have to fight it out. If its only weapons you own I guess I'll have to leave the 50bmg out.

Colt 70 series 45ACP a few boxes [if you are down to a hand gun and the bg's have rifles you wont live long enough to use it all]

Benelli Super 90 100 rounds [same reasoning as 1911]

M1A Super match with Leupold 3.5-10x mil dot, bdc, and focus. 12 mags mostly match, a few with Nosler Bt, and a couple Black tip for the tough critters. About 800-1000 rounds.

Yes have pack that will not break, McHale custom $600.00, it will easily hold this and more gear.... Oh ya sturdy back brace and walking poles.

Labgrade, if you find the crows dinning at my expence take care of my gear would ya.

OK... I'll play (but I'm going to stack the deck! ;) )

Seeing I'm a family man not only do I have to survive but my family does also, and we would all move as a unit....

Me - Springfield 1911 GSP
Accruacy International AWP
Beretta 1201 GPS

Wife - Browning HP
Colt Flattop AR w/suppressor
Freedom Arms Casull .454 w/.45 LC Cylinder (to be used with BP if needed)

Daughter 1 - Lightweight AR w/22 Conversion
20 Gauge Shotgun
Colt Kodiac .44 Mag

Daughter 2 - Steyr Aug
Cobray M-11
Ruger Standard Auto

Daughter 3 - Winchester Lever Action .30-30
Marlin .32-20 (BP Loaded if needed)
Ruger 10/22

Son - Shiloh Sharps .45-110 (BP only)

That should pretty well cover us even if we have to start making our own propellent. :)

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Benelli M1 SuperDuper 90
HK USP 9mm
16" M4-AR15

CMOS

------------------
GOA, TSRA, LEAA, NRA, SAF and I vote!

This is a tough one--I'd have to go with my Rem. 870, Mini-14, and my pistol choice would be a tie between my AMT 1911 and my S&W Mod. 65.

I'll assume we can choose weapons we don't own...'assides, in that sit anything the BGs have is fair game for aquisition, yes?
HK OICW
Ultimax 100
Flat-top AR PISTOL, with 20 rnd mags and nifty shoulder rig.

If I could only have three guns? This is too open a question with no scenario that I understand. I have been called a little slow at times. I have put a lot of thought into what I would be best served by in my travels. So here goes...

Marline 1895 .41 Mag with 20" ocatgonal Bbl. Tang peep sight, sling.

S&W Md. 58 .41 Mag. customized by Cylinder&Slide.

Savage 311 12 guage "Guard Gun" Factory 20" Bbl. with sling.

If I could add one gun it would be my S&W .41 Mag Mtn gun.

A little on the heavy side but effective.

The factory loads I have settled on are Winchester Silvertips if I run out of home rolled. I also have all the reloading needs that fit inside a small pouch.

The old time wanderers and cowboys got by with basically the same rig. Minor variations and less effective calibers. So I just thought It would be simpler this way. Also I would carry a couple of folding knives and a couple of straits.

Cheers,

ts

oberkommando, I would use you for a blockade. I don't know if tanks could get around or over you. Then we could use you for fertilizer after we survive.
Guys, he could carry all the stuff he said and me also, and I ain't no lightweight.

fourdiamonds

------------------
From my cold dead hands.

OK 12-34Hom, I'll settle for a Chandler Rifle in lieu of a 20" barrel Remington Sniper.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Guys you all better watch out for fourdiamonds, he's been trying to jump on my back for years and for all the wrong reasons. Dont let him get behind ya.heh heh.

CDF since you changed the rules I'll swap my 308 for a McMillan 50 with detachable mags and the same amount of ammo. I'll have gale insert a secret decoder for my ring and you all will have to know the code to use the rifle, hey there's some things that a man just cant give up.

Labgrade have ya got any bagpipes? They would sound great, if not I'll have some in one of the pockets of my pack next to my small air compressor.

Back