You can have ONLY 3 firearms....

Dad2Jane

Here is an interesting topic...

Let us suppose that all the fears of the new millineum come to pass... civilization as we know it comes to an end... (yeah, right! But I'm building up to something! <smile> )

You can ONLY take 3 firearms with you to survive the coming chaos... the good news is... you will be able to take as much ammunition with you as you can haul.

What would the three firarms be?

ME? Well, I'd want to take a Ruger 10/22
A Remington pump action 12 G. shotgun
A .38/.357 revolver with a 6" barrel

Since I could carry as much ammo as I could haul, I'd be well stocked in a variety of loads for all three guns...

What would YOU take?

------------------
Stand against evil, lest evil have its way...

I'm assuming you mean guns currently in the inventory, and haul ammo for personally, not by vehicle. If that's the case:

Marlin 60FS, because I can haul a metric buttload of .22, and the gun is a tack driver.

Glock 26, for the same reasons as the Marlin, as well as being a typical indestructible Glock. :)

Mossberg 500 12-gauge, for those times when pucker factor is extremely high.

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

I figure that in the case you describe, my ever with me, always works Norinco 1911A1, my '98 Mauser in .308, and my 870 Remington. And if adding a .22 convesion unit for the 1911 is not cheating, one of them.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Glock 17--concealable, close, personal, and nice for a backup situation.

My Mauser .22--accurate for hunting or for getting attention from a polite distance.

The Mule (Savage Arms SBS 12 gauge)--'nuff said.

Colt preban M4 223, Remington 870 18.5 inch 12 gauge pump and Kimber stainless Gold Match 45ACP, along with 22 conversion kits for the Kimber and Colt.

I figure if my life depended on me using these firearms on a daily basis, then Id better go with the ones Im most comfortable using. Rem 700 in 30-06 for large "game", Ruger 10/22 for the smaller game, and my Beretta 9mm for up close an personal stuff.
Cuz

hmmm I hate these questions...

I love my 45's but I think I'd take my FEG hi- Power copy in 9mm and all six magazines and all the ammo for it (which is a bunch) concealable with firepower.

223 mak 90 with all its magazines and evil stuff. Hell fire trigger for repelling hoards of evil biker mutants.

Scoped savage 30-06 for long range biker mutant control and game-getting. (though the 870 came in a CLOSE 2nd here... since you can bust game witrha 12 guage slug)

Dr.Rob

Mossberg 500
Glock 17
Good .22 Mag semi-auto (accurized 10/22 action?)

Ah, but you didn't rule out hand grenades... :D

Three?! That's huge! Usually ya only get one. ;-)

1. Scoped/supressed 10/22 & a brick o' sub-sonics
2. BHP w/2 mags
3. 870 21"bbl w/extension tube, mix o' slugs, shot & buck

Would pray for a big ol' hole to crawl into & cover me up until the crazies killed each other off. Would be a bad scene, man. Any movement would be quick, quiet & light (stash the shotgun) & pray nobody ever saw me.

------------------
we gladly feast on those who would subdue us

Easy...

Win. 1300 or Rem 870 w/18" bbl, polymer stocks, case of #9 and case of 00.

1911 with cases of FMJ

S&W Model 629 .357 with 6" bbl, cases of 125 gr. JHP

------------------
"Stop forest fires--ban matches."

I'm gonna double post and explain my reasons for what I chose. I want to know how many people agree with me...not necessarily the weapon choices, but the reasons...

Here goes...

If indeed we have to fight the crazies, I, myself would not care to have to hump tons of long arm style weapons around. A man can stash a dozen handguns on his person with the right setup and still not show it, but the real reason would be for ease of movement and ease on my dang back. The shotgun, being short in bbl length could be worn across your back in a scabbard type deal for the serious perps, i.e. crowd control, room clearing, etc. I would alternate between the .357 and the .45 for usual tasks, like food gathering and general protection. Underneath my highlander style trencoat, I would probably look like Pancho Villa, what with all the bandoliers of ammo I would have on. Let's not forget the German steel whip, my Cold-Steel khukri, leatherman, mag-light and small B&L binos for scouting the trash out. Whaddya say guys?????

------------------
"Stop forest fires--ban matches."

I would take along a Ruger MK II Target and all of the Stinger HP that I could fit in my pockets. In lieu of the other stuff I would take a small pack of personal items, 4 qts of water and a knife or so. I'd pick up and throw down your stuff as I needed it.
Not to be hostile, just thinking out loud.
Hank Have you ever picked up a can of 1000 rds of 45 ACP?

[This message has been edited by HankL (edited December 13, 1999).]

Quad M2 mounted on a M3 halftrack (M16), oh, firearms and not weapons system.

In that case, 20" barrel Remington Police Sniper rifle in .308 (Badger Ordnance rings and base, Leupold MK IV M1 scope), Remington 870 shotgun 12 ga 3" mag with assorted barrels, and a Ruger SP101 in .22 LR. I'd love that S&W .22 Airlite but I'm dubious about how much abuse it could absorb. I also love my Colt Diamondback but I want the low maintenance quality of the Ruger.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Custom mini 14 (folding stock,shortened bbl.)then M1A and Benelli semi auto. Bury one???.The mini handles like a large hand weapon when folded. Very compact.

------------------
From my cold dead hands.

S&W 629 .44mag
Rossi M92 .44mag
Savage 110 in choate stock with 3x9 BDC Bushnel scope in 30-06.
(And the HP22 would still be in the boot)

------------------

Limiting myself to my personal collection...

USP 45 & 6 spare mags

Springfield SAR8 (HK 91 clone) w/Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10 50mm Obj. in HK Claw-lock mount. PSG-1 grip & MSG 90 stock. (Hope to have the PSG-1 trigger before TSHTF)

Browning grade I Citori 20 ga. lightning model 26" bbl. Full choke on bottom, improved on top.

Back