You always remember your First.

I inherited several guns at the same time from my grandfather. The first one I picked up was a FN Hi Power. So I guess that one is my first.

Mine was a Taurus model 66, 1993 production according to Taurus. Not the fanciest of firearms and doesn't compare to my S&W, but it was utterly reliable and was good looking to boot. If I find one just like it I would have to buy it.

rimfire thats funny i just tracked down a 999 even though I have better revolvers! They are SO neat.

Venom, I won't deny that they are neat revolvers. I didn't know much of anything about revolvers or handguns at all when I bought that H&R 999. I thought sights working loose and spitting lead and gun powder was normal. I learned. I basically had a dog and didn't know enough to even realize it unltil I took it to a gunsmith and he explained things to me.

My first was a Beretta semiauto 22LR compact (don't recall actual model number). I bought it from an ex police officer for $20 about 1970 because he was in need of money at the time.

I later sold it during a time of hardship of my own - sigh!

My second was a Taurus .357 model 65 revolver with 4"" barrel. I still have it.

High Standard HD Military. Given to me by my Grandfather over 50 years ago. I think I was about 14 at the time. A criminal offence today, I'm sure!:eek:
Still have It, of course. Still shoot It often.
I know this is a handgun thread, but I also still have, and use his Winchester Mod 74 22 LR semi-auto rifle. I think I was about 10 when he gave me that one.

My first was a Ruger Security Single Six in .357 mag. It was stolen from my house a couple of years later. Now I have others to take its place. Too many others if you ask my wife.

Ruger

Decades agoooooooo . . . .

Ruger 10 shot 6" bbl. semi auto.

Oddly, it was not reliable so it is and still is the ONLY FIREARM I HAVE EVER SOLD.

Rmocarsky

I bought a Ruger Standard with 4 3/4" barrel at Bierbaum's Firestone with money I earned hauling hay. He had a Hunter holster that fit it, too. Mr. Bierbaum called my mother and asked if it was OK for him to sell it to me. I was 15.

I still have it. I still have every firearm that I have ever had except for one that was stolen and one that was lost in my divorce, which is kind of the same thing. ;)

I bought a Ruger Standard with 4 3/4" barrel at Bierbaum's Firestone with money I earned hauling hay. He had a Hunter holster that fit it, too. Mr. Bierbaum called my mother and asked if it was OK for him to sell it to me. I was 15.

That's so awesome. I practically needed a fake ID to get ammo for my pistols when I was under 21.

My first was a Springfield XD40 with a 4" barrel. Bitone.

I ended up trading it a few months after I got it...honestly I still regret that. Was a great gun...

My first was a 38 special. Took it to the range and shot my first five rounds within a 6 inch area on the target and fell in love with it.

Still have it as she is a keeper. :D

My first pistol was a M&P9. Excellent first handgun. Made in USA and very reliable. I've never had any kind of failures with it, and thats saying a lot because my Glock19 has had a few malfunctions.

I don't have my M&P9 anymore but I will certainly buy another one in the future as funds allow.

My first was a CZ 75B matte stainless.

I purchased this after reading everything I could find on TFL and a couple other forums regarding semi-auto 9mm's.

Ruger MKII 5.5 blued bought new in 1984. This gun was stolen in 2005 and found in 2007 because it was used in a hold up. I just got the call I can get it back today. I never thought I would actually get it back. I'm headed to Georgia (90miles from me) shortly. Curious what it's condition is after all this time.

My first was a Colt Single Action Frontier Scout .22LR/.22Mag, in a nickle finish that my grandpa gave to me right before he passed.

My first auto was a 70 Series Colt LWC I bought used from a pawn shop just after getting married.

Still have them both and will pass them to my children at the appropriate time.

My first was Springfield Armory P9c (Cz 75c clone) in .40sw. A well made pistol that was very accurate. The fact that it was a 9mm design that was converted to .40sw led to problems. The slide stop would bend after 100 or so rounds. This would cause FTF and after a few attempts at repair it was returned to SA. They refunded the full purchase price and I bought a Smith and Wesson 4006. Never had any problems with the 4006.

Back