Y2K: Warning or Paranoia?

I had not beeen too concerned about Y2K until I heard ammo was being hoarded in anticipation of Y2K problems. I didn't believe it until I called in my order for my usual bulk order for 308 ammo from Georgia Arms two weeks ago. Up until now, the price has been stable and the ammo would usually be delivered within a week or ten days. I was told to expect a delay of four to six WEEKS and the price had gone up almost 10%. Dunno what else would cause these changes other than likely hoarding on someone's part. Anyone else having problems like these or is this just an isolated incident?

------------------
OJ KING, MD

In times of crisis, precious metals rule. When the Indonesian and other Asian economies collapsed last year ,the people with gold and silver did preety good. The Us dollar aint what it used to be and the possible ,after a collapse of Us currency due to various factors including y2k, is that we could go back to a gold standard with gold pegged at 3000 dollars a ounce. The Brits dumped a bunch of gold which big boys are picking up at record low prices now. Watch what gold ,with silver following along, does soon. Both metals are way undervalued right now . Stock market will tank soon with so many companies LOsing money daily. Mullets keep pouring digits into the big ponzi scheme(Wall Street) while the modern Baruchs and Churchills(These two criminals were heavily responsible for 1929 crash) wait to pull the plug on the market. Y2k could be some kind of catalist to dump the debt ridden system. Big boys will be ready. But what about the "mullets" who will watch the Street burn?But maybe this wont happen? Place your bets. 166 days left!

I have smoke detectors in case of fire. I wear my seatbelt in case I wreck. I have supplies in case of shortages, etc. Simple as that. Be prepared.

There will be electrical outages in some areas for a couple of days. If one of these hits a major urban area this will be the signal the masses have been waiting for to go shopping again. Stores and buildings will burn.

I think there will be more problems caused by hoarding and fear than actual supply-line issues.

I'll have a couple of weeks worth of food and water stored around the house plus enough wood for the fireplace to keep warm. Did I mention that I'll have a few guns and bullets around in case someone mistakes my apartment for a shopping mall? :)

Can anyone imagine the ruckus if someone plays something like "War of the Worlds" ala Orson Welles?

Now wouldn't that be fun!

If I do'd it, I gonna get a whuppin'. I do'd it anyway! :)

Jim

Back