Y2K Reports

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Now what am I to do with the 4000lbs. of freez dried food I bought for the low, low price of $6000.00!!![/quote]

I hope you're just kidding.

------------------
Just one of the Good Guys

Best I can tell -- all of TEXAS was rather quiet last eve.

I'll be a lookin' for some discounted ammo/ firearms/food/generators/etc. over the next few weeks. Got to get ready to repel the gubermit takeover which will surely be attempted now that we've all been lulled into complacency cause of no Y2K problems.

Brazito, NM; last night, all as usual quiet, no street lights but El Paso Electric blew it. They forgot to have a power outtage. Power stayed on all night. Woohoo!!!!!!!!

HAPPY 1959!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess all those billions spent in reprograming worked.

Pete dont shoot all that ammo as you can always look forward to tornados, earthquakes?, hurricanes and the old reliable, economic collapse.

Here's something humorous. A friend of my wife knows a nearby family that operates a funeral home. As it turns out, many pre-cut tombstone they had available for sale were not Y2K compliant (they already had 19 etched in). They will have to liquidate the non-compliant products and replace it shortly. It was predicted that small businesses would suffer the most, but I had no idea it was so pervasive. :D

I had a few problems with Y2K.

I found that my patience was not Y2K compliant. It ran out just before midinght.

I also found that the Honey Brown in the fridge was not listed as Y2K compliant and had to kill them off before midnight.

Finally, I found that the cash I had in my pocket was not Y2K compliant. It must have disolved right at midnight because it wasn't there when I rolled out of the sack this morning. Funny thing though, my wife was gone "shopping". I smell a conspiracy. ;)

------------------
Ron

Detroit Area Chapter
Terra-Haute Torque & Recoil Society

We have closed all our "War Rooms" for now.
Little quirks have popped up here or there.
No major problems.
Actually none of the quirks have been out of normal expectaions. Some time a PC can just Glitch out for some reason. This happens.
I think we can go ahead and shut down this thread...
Happy New Years!

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Were starting to get a few minor problems with older DOS programs. Seems they rolled over fine, but won't accept data based on a zero-zero date as part of the input. Biggest problem here: The people that wrote the custom programs are long gone. The employees have either not been around long enough to know how to do the job without the comuter, or have relied on the computer for so many years they forgot. People being people, the L-word (lawsuit) has already started to flow. Who they gonna sue though? The guy that wrote the program, while in their employee, or the software company that went belly up 5 years ago? Yep, the big systems rolled fine, seems like the money spent had the desired effect. The little systems and programs, in the little companies, that didn't have money to fix the problem are going be the hardest hit. Not a big deal to the masses, but a big deal if it's YOUR little company. Yeah a big cow pie missed the fan, but a lot of little rabbit "raisins" are starting to impact the blades. Result is the same, you don't want to be anywhere near the output.

[This message has been edited by RAE (edited January 04, 2000).]

Back