WW II Paratrooper question

attachment.php

Jump wings! :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-19 204953.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-19 204953.png
    283.6 KB · Views: 87
Mud puddles make for wet if not "soft" landing. I'm fine with that. Better than hard packed dirt.

I think Brit WW II paras w/sniper rifles jumped with their rifles in a rifle valise and the scope in a container stored within the valise.

I was scheduled to go to jump school, then Desert Storm happened and I got deployed with a different unit to fill personnel shortages then that deployment was followed by another that lasted well into 1992, so I never got to go.
After that I returned to non-airborne units for the remainder of my career.

So I spent the rest of the time in service (another 10 years) explaining (to the inquisitive minds) why exactly I had all of those ribbons, and an airborne former wartime unit patch... and no jump wings :(

I could literally see the gears turning in the head of the inspecting party every time we were in dress uniform...

I know it’s off topic, but figured y’all might enjoy it.

I was scheduled to go to jump school, then Desert Storm happened and I got deployed with a different unit to fill personnel shortages then that deployment was followed by another that lasted well into 1992, so I never got to go.
After that I returned to non-airborne units for the remainder of my career.

So I spent the rest of the time in service (another 10 years) explaining (to the inquisitive minds) why exactly I had all of those ribbons, and an airborne former wartime unit patch... and no jump wings :(

I could literally see the gears turning in the head of the inspecting party every time we were in dress uniform...

I know it’s off topic, but figured y’all might enjoy it.

Sort of the flip side of the tankers I knew with jump wings. Always wondered about those folks.

I mean real tanks, M60A3 and MI, not the air mobile gun platform Sheridan.

Back