Would you take the shot?

Um, that bucket of salt may have been mine .

Yes... Yes it was. Your post was the first, but certainly not the last. I learned something new on the day I read that, and many other sources back that up, if you look around the web a bit. That is why SWAT Snipers won't always take a head shot when presented with the opportunity in a hostage situation.

Head Shot

I have seen a neat way to deal with the same problem it is taught by Bennie Cooley but is totally distance related you have to be 4 yards and under. You rush the BG go low grabbing the BG's gun hand moving the gun from your loved ones head and shooting through your loved ones legs. finishing the kill with the BG on the ground if need be. But boy howdy that's one you'd have to really practice.

First of all, I'm going with PAX on a few things. As stated, the BG is attempting to move you from a situation where they DO NOT have optimum control. Therefore, YOU DO NOT LEAVE. If you die in this attempt, you have still foiled the BG. All bets are off if you allow yourself to totally lose control.

Mr. Brit is correct. Shots to the brain stem WILL drop a person...PERIOD. The shot HAS to be thru the brain stem, however. Shooting them between the eyes, simply means a round went between the two main cerebral cortices, and may or may not have nicked the cerebellum. Nothing guaranteed there.

I've been unfortunate enough to have to deal with something akin to this. I've been blessed enough to come up on the winning side. Yes, there is a winning side to this situation. You're alive, loved one is alive, BG is crapping their shorts autonomically as they bleed out a ragged hole in the base of their skull.

No, I do NOT want to try it again. Enough nightmares there for one lifetime...

Back