Would you buy a pistol based SOLELY on its trigger pull?

If a gun that is that loose that it is not accurate; why would one buy it? Unless a gun is an absolute POS, it can be tuned to deliver rounds right where you want them. It's been my experience that shooters that have come to me with a gun that is not accurate, have user induced errors. A proper grip on a gun that has been properly gunsmithed will put the rounds in a tight grouping where you want them time after time, provided of course that there is proper trigger and breath control.

I bought my 4" S&W nickeled M-27 in a heartbeat when I tried the trigger, though it had obviously benefited from careful polishing. On many guns a good cleaning will restore a bad trigger. My 6" Ruger Stainless Security Six had too heavy a trigger, an aftermarket spring solved that will retaining 100% reliability.

Okaaayyyyy.... back to reality.....

Any opinions on the NEW Government Models?
Plain Jane fixed sight model?

Anyone got experience with em?
I would not buy anything from a company in bankruptcy. Anything.

Especially 1911 when every Joe Blow with some tools makes a model. Cheap and expensive. Whole model or build your own.

Any opinions on the NEW Government Models?
Plain Jane fixed sight model?

Anyone got experience with em?

Love my new Colt Series 70 Government. The slide has the usual Colt rattle, but the barrel to slide lockup and barrel / bushing / slide lockup is excellent, producing very good accuracy. It didn't have the worst trigger I've experienced on a 1911, but it definitely needed some work. Unlike my Springfield Milspec, the trigger break was pretty clean out of the box, but there was a lot of creep and slop in the initial take up. Had it cleaned up without changing any parts, and its quite a bit better now. The extractor also needed some tuning as it was throwing cases in my face, works great now.

To be fair to Colt, my extractor issue seems to be very unusual. Most work perfectly out of the box, other than having a mediocre trigger out of the box. Not unusual in a sub $1k 1911.

Through about 600 rounds of various ammo, including my handloads, 230 grain Federal HST and 230 grain Golden Sabres I've not had a single malfunction.

Back