Wolf vs. coyote

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepforks

for those that may not realize the shear size difference between wolves and coyotes, take a look. if any of you want to come hunt idaho, i urge you to pick up a wolf tag or two. you can basically hunt them statewide until the end of march. just killed my buck, so now it's time to focus on these devil dogs!!!

Attachments

• 380332_2757297374559_1321490289_33129849_697897697_n[1].jpg
    380332_2757297374559_1321490289_33129849_697897697_n[1].jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 763
Wow.

That is a significant difference. That wolf looks pretty big to me. Or maybe the coyote is really small.

Could you take the picture again with a yard stick against the tree? :D

Regards,
Tom

Wolf vs. coyote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for those that may not realize the shear size difference between wolves and coyotes, take a look. if any of you want to come hunt idaho, i urge you to pick up a wolf tag or two. you can basically hunt them statewide until the end of march. just killed my buck, so now it's time to focus on these devil dogs!!!
Attached Images 380332_2757297374559_1321490289_33129849_697897697_n[1].jpg (70.3 KB, 53 views)

Great picture and that really tells it like it is.
Would you happen to know what a non-resident hunting permit and wolf tag cost?
Thanks for posting the picture.
Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

The freakin idiots that romanticize wolves and have these grandiose fantasies about how wolves are such an awesome part of nature are out of touch with reality. IMO, they should not have been reintroduced. It served no purpose, IMO, other than letting people feel good about having wolves running around.

as far as I'm concerned, wolves are nothing but another invasive "alien" species that has nothing significant to give to a balanced ecosystem, but I know that lots of people think I'm just plain stupid..

Wolves were part of nature in the "old days" but re-introducing them into (now) higher human population areas was the dumbest thing I've ever seen by Wisconsin's DNR. We have them on our hunting land now and they get "bolder" every year. We've had two "confrontations" with our hunters and the alpha (black) wolf. These wolf lovers should be aware of what might happen with their kids or family members walking around in the woods unarmed with wolves present. They will just be part of the food chain for the wolves. I had a DNR biologist (relative) claim they'll just run away from you. Yeah, right.

One other relative got a special "wolf" Wisconsin license plate and chose the number/words "KILLEM" on it.

And now we've had cougars on our land and nearby. This is "central" Wisconsin, not northern Wisconsin! When will it end. :rolleyes:

ugh here we go again...these things were not reintroduced...they were introduced.

the indigenous wolves of idaho were red wolves...little larger than that coyote but a damn bit smaller than that wolf and they weren't pack hunters and had a higher mortality rate because they were not acclimatized to a harsher environment.

these canadian gray wolves are a freaking infestation that were forced on us by a politician that doesn't know the difference between a grizzly bear and a poodle. last year idaho declared a state of emergency because of these beasts and that is why they went directly from a protected species to the longest hunting season of any game animal in the state.

wolf

Same here in MI next door., cougers and black bears showing up in southern Mi more and more. A month ago they killed a black bear inside the city limits of Grand Rapids Mi a city of 250,000 people. then last week another showed up just outside the city limits. the are moving south for sure. this is in SW MI which is heavily populated most places.

That's pretty easy.

If it's small enough to kick it and walk away, it's a yote.

If it's big enough to make you wet your pants, it's a wolf.

So I guess you're team edward and not team jacob?:p

Sorry, I have a teenage daughter.

Coyotes are fair game around here. There is a season for them, but most ranchers just shoot on sight.

Couple years ago a pack came into the yard and snatched my house dog (chihuahua/terrier mix) at night. Lucky for her I grabbed my postol and took out after them yelling like a banshee. They dropped her after a while and ran off.

Glad we don't have wolves roaming around. Never realized how big they are. Wow.

bob hunter, an annual hunting license in idaho for a non-res. is $154.75. i'm pretty sure you can get a 3 day or just a small game license too. a non-res. wolf tag is $31.75. that is cheap compared to the non-res. wolf tag fee in 2009. they were ridiculously expensive back then. just goes to show that idaho now wants everyone to come participate:D as of nov. 30th, there have been 147 wolves killed in idaho. heres a pic of a track that was taken very close to where i filmed those black wolves. the guy just took it about a week ago. you will not mistake these for yote tracks if you come across them:eek:
thats a good buck track, and it even makes it look small!

Attachments

• d5b19b44.jpg
    d5b19b44.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 159
I didn't know there were red wolves and canadian wolves. I'm sure we have the canadian wolves because they are huge. I've got some pics of them taken by one of the bowhunters on our land. This is one of the small, younger ones. The alpha is a huge black male.

See my thread on "No Wolves this year"...... :eek:

Attachments

• wolf1.jpg
    wolf1.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 153
  • wolf3.jpg
    wolf3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 151
  • wolf4.jpg
    wolf4.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Deep forks where abouts are you at. I am wanting to go fill my wolf tag but time and opportunity are limited.

I was just at my inlaws last weekend and seen a few tracks out by Bone. I might be going back with some looking glasses and a rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back