Winter carry, any changes?

t45

Just curious if any of you change anything g during the winter months? Carry position, ammo, multi mags or a different gun or two. For me I may occasionally use a shoulder holster but everything else stays the same.

As long as the perceived threat is the same, what reason is there to change what you carry? Winter clothing doesn't stop bullets- not even little ones.

I tend to carry my g19 more in the cooler months. Not because of the size but because it's a rtf2 frame and I usually wear an under shirt when it's cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Just usually a larger gun.

In the cool months; which is maybe - maybe - three here in the California central valley, I carry my S&W 686+ (357 Mag revolver). I'd carry it year 'round if I could conceal it with light clothing.

In the warmer months (most), I carry a Kahr CW9. Fantastic little gun; but I'm most comfortable with revolvers.

yeah when its cold im more likely to carry one of my larger handguns and owb......right now i got a g27 in a galco sob holster as i type this. When its warmer i usually am carrying iwb with a sig 938, keltec pf9 or the g27

I carry a 1911 IWB plus two spare mags and a PM40 in pocket with cargo shorts and loose untucked shirt.
Wearing a sweatshirt doesn't make it harder to conceal. ;)

RoughDivider said:
I tend to go with OWB instead of IWB and change carry position from ~4:30 to 3:00. Jackets make concealment a breeze.

+1

When really cold, I add or only carry a pocket gun on the outside pocket.

I try to utilize , coat pocket carry .. and take advange of extra layers and tote a bigger pistol ...
Being that darkness comes earlier.... I feel its more important to carry ( it's always) important to tote a handgun .. But more so when its dark ...

Being that a DG will be wearing extra layers . I try to carry a 40 S&W , 45 acp or 357 mag over a 380, 9mm or 38 spl

Thats just me ..

Back