Winchester SXP Defender mini review

Okay, now I'm really confused:confused:! Nickel Plated got the same explanation that I did. Maybe my friends BPS was brought in before this reg. took effect, but what about the Saiga?

All Saigas are under 922R, so they have to be converted to have more than a 5 round magazine stuck in them. Same with the 1919 Adkals.

Okay, that makes sense. I've always thought they looked interesting from a distance, but never gave them much study.

thanks,
Jeff

Just one issue I wanted to mention about the SXP. I originally thought this might have been just a fluke with my first barrel. Until it happened again to a second brand new barrel.
This shotgun doesn't like to hold on to it's bead sights. The barrel that originally came with this gun had the bead sight fall off and get lost the second time I took it to the range (within about 500ish rounds) I then installed an aftermarket sight from Brownll's. Eventually I cut the barrel down and haven't gotten around to redrilling and reinstalling the sight.

The second barrel I bought recently. Took it to the range for the first time yesterday and within 100 rounds, the sight is gone, nowhere to be found.

The problem is this is no longer the American Winchester that uses standard U.S. thread sizes for it's beads. They use metric sizes so good luck finding a sight at your local gunsmith or online retailer that will just screw in. You'll have to drill and tap it to the next larger US size and install a new bead like I did.

Or now that you are aware of this issue, if you still have your original sight. Might be a good idea to fix it in there with some red loctite or a dab of epoxy.

Otherwise the gun's been excellent.

Thanks for the heads up, I think a Red Lock-Tite party's in order. And like you, I've found the gun to be excellent so far.

Since the parts are passivated, if you want to use red locktite on them, you should use a primer.

On the other had, you can use green and probably get away with no primer and not removing it.

Hey - the Winchester SXP Extreme Defender is developed in Utah and assembled in Turkey - sorry but your Winchester is a Turkey built shotgun.

Back