Winchester 190 Takedown

Kevlarman

I recently acquired a Winchester 190 semi-automatic .22 rifle.
I've since figured out how to remove (and put back!) the trigger group and bolt, but am dumbfounded as to how to remove the barrel and magazine tube. The chamber is filthy, and I cannot clean it properly with it still attached to the receiver. Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: does anyone know where I can find an online copy of the owner's manual?

winchester 190

Harley, I could use assem, disassem instructions on the winchester 190 as well. By the way, the instructions you sent for the Nylon 66 were just the ticket. Thanks in advance. John

winchester 190 takedown

Harley, could you send the takedown instructions on the winchester 190 to my email address (smacdonald@proinstruments.com) when you have a chance? I'm ready to trade it for a single shot thompson but I'd like to give it a good cleaning first

Kevlar- I have owned a 190 since the early 70's and lost the original owners manual years ago. I found on on Ebay!! Keep your eye out..

Hi, I just got a 190 as well and don't have a shread of information. Could you also send me the information. Thanks Tons. Don Heaslip (march1068@aol.com) :)

Winchester 190 takedown.

Getting ready to rescue a 190 from years of neglect. I would appreciate any assembly/disassembly drawings anyone can provide.

Thanks. Jim (permits@erols.com)

I too would like a diag. I have just bought a 190 and the barrel is loose. I need to know how to get it tightened.
crowman (morganar@msn.com)

Thanks Again (from some time ago)

Harley helped me with this info a while back. Cleaned up
nicely- only one thing. The trigger has quite a stout pull.
Dunno how many pounds, but it sure isn't any 4 or so.
What to do?
According to the Tech group at Brownell's, you can't really
stone these rifle trigger groups.
Is that the official word in these days of lawsuits?
Sure would like to have a nicer trigger pull.
Also, any recommendations on a decent (but not expensive)
4x scope and mount?
Thank you all.

Success with the 190!

Harley,
Thanks to your takedown guide, I was able to carefully and correctly rebuild the rifle.
It shoots better than ever; at least on par with my 10-22.
Handy and very accurate.
I will be taking my daughter out to instruct her in safety and shoot the little rifle as soon as possible.
Best regards,
-David

Harley,
I hate to say this, But could I get those directions also?
I just picked one up today for a steal at a garage sale. I guess it was worth $25 since I have already shot it. It does need a serious cleaning though.
What years did Winchester make these?
Thanks for any help.
Will
Email is willandleigh@planttel.net

Win 190 Triggers

Anyone else feel their trigger is too heavy?
Mine sure is, and I think I've cleaned everything
according to the manual (thanks again Harley).
Any suggestions on lightening the pull?
Thank you.

My father-in-law has a Model 190 he wants to give to his grandson. He doesn't have the operators manual. Seems Harley has been kind enough to forward the takedown diagram to other members. Could you please forward a copy of the takedown (& pdf copy of manual, if possible) to yellowscarf_red15@yahoo.com.

The Winchester site doesn't seem to have downloads for old models or I'd go there.

Your attention on this is truly appreciated.

Yellowscarf

Back