Why oh Why do I want this?

If you like it and have money available to purchase it, do so. It certainly is a nice looking gun.
A gun that like holds interest to me for the story behind the design, would not pay $1400 to own one.
I have a few firearms that are rarely shot, not even handled much and have limited practical application. However, I like them. I do not regret spending money to own them.

44 AMP said:
I think they should offer it with double triggers, too.

According to the add print, it is a double trigger.

the add said:
Pedersoli’s Howdah 45/410
is a double triggered, breech loading, extractor pistol reproduction of the famous Auto & Burglar pistol produced by Ithaca in the 1920’s.

I think it's a really nice looking gun. I wouldn't mind having one just for grins and giggles. I won't get one, but I like it.

With regard to the OP's original question, having shot similar abominations that the PD confiscated the only legitimate use i can think of is hanging on the wall. A shotgun cut down in this manner is difficult at best to be accurate with, can very easily inflict serious injury to the firer and is suitable for very close range where point and hope is the rule.

Super glue two Glocks together!
Now that one made me smile.
What an ingenious way of finding an upside to polymer! :p

Seriously though, a good number of my firearms are for pure enjoyment and void of any real practical use much less need.
If you want it, (who cares why), and can afford it, then by all means buy and enjoy it.

Please let me know the shooting venue that you frequent and a guess-timated schedule so that I might be lucky enough to enjoy it with you! :D

You don't buy this because it makes sense. Haven't we established it?

If you say buy a Judge because a Judge makes sense - that will take us down the rabbit hole of whether the Judge is sensible. So let's not do that. Please!

This is a fun gun. Might as well argue if those shiny wheels on your sports car are 'sensible'.

Useless, maybe so but it for sure is beautiful.
Definition of useless? Rossi Ranch Hand in 44 Magnum.
When I take it out to the range with friends and pull it out all I hear is “Why did you buy that useless piece of crap?”
Then they shoot it and the smile on their face says it all.

To scare the living *h** out of the intruder! A .45acp can do the same if they can grasp it in their sudden tunnel vision!

Maybe others didn't catch it.

Hey Bill. Maybe you are right but when it says "percussion" and "50 caliber" thats sort of a give away clue.:D No matter to me. I like BP guns and own several of them and a good supply of Holy Black to go with them.:):)

To interest me it would have to be of true "howdah" dimensions, aka 12ga or larger. A rifled 10 bore, using black powder to push a MASSIVE conical bullet would be a great range toy/BBQ gun!

Back