Who's better than you?

How many people do you know that can outshoot you?

• 1-5

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • 5-10

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • 10-30

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • 30 or more

Votes: 21 29.6%

• Total voters
Unfortunately, I have been shooting pretty much by myself, except for a friend or two I dragged along. Until I join the local range I guess I don't know for sure. Any TFL shooters here in Montana near Bozeman?:confused:

Looks like the is a club right down the street from you...in Belgrade. Link here.

Heck, you could jog there. I am jealous...My shortest drive to a match is an hour.

[Edit] O.K., it looks like it is on the other side of Belgrad. Better drive. (Ammo gets heavy.) :)

Flex, friend o mine, first of all Belgrade is eight(8) miles from Bozone, Logan is at least another six(6). Just kidding, I've actually been to the Logan range, but this is Montana, and Logan is an outdoor range. Also, I can't afford to join right now so that it why I've been going to the local national forest for my shooting needs. :D

falconer (Tom) said it best.
It's all relative.

It's all relative to what your goal is. The only person I have ANY desire to beat is myself.

I shoot B/USPSA and Sharpshooter/IDPA; all of the A, Master, etc. shooters can outshoot me. That said, I suspect I can outshoot over 90% of the gun owners in the world.

Jim Watson well said, I shoot around the world champ for IPSC and some of his friends. They put me at the 75% side and the only reason I beat any off them is cause a gun broke. You top guns try finding a match and not a can on the fence post. It will WAKE U UP!!!

So either the majority are BS:ers, are competing at world top level or have never entered a "real" competition. I know that at least 50 IPSC shooters in sweden can outshoot me ... :-). Thats what happened at the swedish nationals last year anyway.
:D :cool: :D

I'm an IPSC "B" class shooter. The "B" means that a "Boatload" of shooters can whup me on a regular basis :p

I've noticed that any shooter can beat any other shooter, at least once in a while. My wife (who I have beat on a steel shoot...with a reload...using a Colt SAA against her SiG P226) has beat me (quite legitimately) on some stages.

I've beat Grandmasters now and then, but surely not often. I've RO'ed some of the best shooters currently in the game, and I know I'm not even CLOSE to the same level as they are. Fun to try, though :)

Alex

http://www.rbcd.net/

Down at the bottom of the page.

David A. Stoker

I've never met him though. (Although i'd certainly like too. Shooting like that is just a pure pleasure to watch,)
I can honestly say that's a group that I'm not capable of firing at that range. 20 years ago I might have been able to come extremely close to it, maybe even duplicate,,,maybe even beat. Today ain't 20 years ago though.

*shrug* Oh well, so it goes.

Competition is a humbling event............and great fun besides.....outside of the 22 events I competed in as a child I primarily became a can shooter and informal plinkerer(amazing how much ammo you can burn doing that over 30 plus years), with forays into trap/skeet and hi-power rifle events.........but recently was talked into competing in the Jacksonville gssf event......well I shot in the stockmeister and amatuer events and consistently placed in the top 1/3 roughly, my overall rating for that event was 25th........all that practiced smoothness went out the window when that airhorn went off......and I tried to go to fast......lol.....so I am relearning to make each shot count, "to shoot slow but quickly". I stopped by the sepsa fun shoot steel plate rack of 5 plates.....I shot the whole event using a box stock glock mdl 19....my best time was 3.22 seconds for 5 plates, when I looked on the sheet the nearest to me was 3.89 appx..........well the sepsa event Saturday (the day I shot) was taken by a score of 2.01 seconds.....lol....and to show that wasnt a fluke, the next day the sepsa event was taken by someone else shooting 2.02 seconds....lol.......and Im chomping at the bit to go to the next one near me...........................but to show how different local, and regional, national events are......the Sunday after that Saturday glock shoot I competed at the Hernando Sportsmen's Clubs pin shoot......I took first with semiauto, 2nd with revolver(and thats not as good as it sounds, I was many seconds away from the top shooter as the rest of the crowd was that far away from me......and that just handguns, rifles and shotguns are whole nother can of worms....fubsy. ...shooting is mucho fun.......

had to vote for 30+ since on a given day, anyone could outshoot me.

Now how many require very little luck? I shoot with a group by 30 or so weekly and feel I've had a terrible night if I'm not in top 10. Last week I had a failure to nuetralize arrrg in the first stage, so the second stage I decided was just for fun. This means on the swinging target that required 4 shots I tried to get them all on one swing (most folks were doing doubles on two swings). Darned if I didn't have a failure to nuetralize again (lightening struck twice... hostage shot going for head... clipped top of head but didn't break line :( All said and done I came in 12 or 13th. I thought I'd be last.

In the same group there are 3 or 5 that beat me everyday unless they screw up.

edited in by me....
Replied, then read the threads and realized the age of this thread :(
BTW, for all who don't want to join a group but would like to know how they stack up.... You could try setting up your own classifier course (look to the IDPA site for desc and rules). A friend with a stop watch could let you know how you are doing against a well established standard

Last edited:
Shooting in Phoenix with all the pros like rob leatham and brian enos makes me very humble. THere are a ton better than me but I am usually in the top third of most matches.

Back