Who Is Going to Join Me? 22LR Know Your Skills Challenge

barrel tuners

... has made me a believer in tuners.

Hello hounddawg,
Have messed with an inexpensive Limbsaver brand in the past and agree they are effective. I'm sure you're already aware they need to be adjusted for each flavor ammo. I have 200rds CCI sv target I'll dial in next time out in an attempt to sweep the top row of Mr. RG's challenge. Attached an earlier damper test target to demonstrate their effectiveness.
The grid is 1/2" squares. Numbers with arrows represent scope adjustments. Numbers with " indicate tuner distance from muzzle. Supposed to cool off a bit during the coming week and this activity keeps me interested and out of trouble.

Last edited:
WOW beautiful day and great shooting.

Stag email me the pictures so I can post them on the site.
Why thank you--I really wasn't going to enter anything until I got the whole row--but OK--twist my arm .:D

Last edited:
Finally got to the range. Still dialing it in and I tried 3 kinds of ammo. Norma, CCI and SK, all standard velocity, none of it match grade. The SK did the best, so I adjusted the turrets a tad and had a go. 64 is not bad for a semi-auto. Yes it was indoors. I gave myself a par time of 30 seconds and beat it by about 10 seconds. :D

Attachments

• TS22 SK50.jpg
    TS22 SK50.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 27
I detect a ringer.:) It takes me longer to set up just one shot. LOL I'm out of the game until I get a replacement magazine well, mine failed.You'll clear the next row easily too I bet--but the top row is challenging.

My goal was ammo testing for long range today and confirming my zero. Next time I am taking some Eley Force and see what it does. It is 200 fps faster. Since I don't need subs shooting inside 100 yards, what the heck. I have thousands of rounds of the Force, just had not considered group it in this rifle.

I shot the SK at 100 yards. I needed 1.8 mils of elevation to center my group. It was 1.7" tall by 1" wide, 10 shots in 10 seconds. Backed down to 30 seconds and barely managed 1 MOA at 100.

Man you fellas came in not kidding around. Mark and Stag I got your emails and pictures and your pages have gone up. Emailed you back. Nice shooting.

Four Semi-Autos, all with a Kidd barrel. :) Even though mine is a Tactical Solutions action, the barrel is a Kidd. A lot of CZs at the top as well.

Thanks for the Challenge Mr.Revolverguy. I know a few of my friends have downloaded the target as well. Shooting a long range centerfire match this weekend, but I'll have another chance to take the .22 out next week and try the middle row.

I am thinking about a REP Your Squad Challenge.

Basically like we use to do in the Corps instead of individual score team scores.

CZ Squad
10/22 Squad
Anschutz Squad
Old Timer Squad -- Bolt Actions Older Than 20 Years.
Savage Squad
Lithgow Squad
Volquartsen Squad

Maybe a timed event and 50 yard event.

Nice shooting Stag.

I am going to get beck out next week with the rimfires and play some more. I have 1000 rounds of SK PMS on the way from Creedmoor and want to shoot at the clubs next rimfire F Class match. I still have to play with the home grown tuner on my 452 American and still want to shoot a couple of the CZ matches over at Rimfire Central

Mr. ReavolverGuy, I reviewed the original rules but nowhere do I see any limitation on the scope power. Is it anyone's choice?

Back