Who cares what you spent?

Sometimes choosing to spend more at a local gun shop keeps me from needing to spend less at a big box store in the future.

That's what I care about.

I've never over paid for any of the guns I've purchased. I just wish I could say the same about all the ammo I've bought the last couple years!

I'm on the other side of the scale...I can afford what I want, but AGONIZE about every purchase I make, usually to the point where what I wanted is sold/gone.

that attitude opens buyers up to those who will take advantage of ignorance....and pass off junk to someone that has money burning a hole in his pocket.
being cautious is a human trait. and its a good one.
now if you mean 'not being a penny pincher,' ok. I too would rather spend 10 more cents on a gallon of milk if its closer to home, than to drive 20 miles to save 10 cents. same with guns.

I spent two grand on a retirement/birthday/Christmas gift to myself, and can't fire two rounds in a row out of the thing without having to clear one that didn't ignite.
I'd say there is no way the gun was test-fired by the manufacturer, as it not only won't consistently fire, but it won't extract the live round when it doesn't.
The manufacturer has been helpful, first sending a replacement part (that did nothing), followed by a return label, so we'll see.
If I'd spent $400, I wouldn't care as much!

Overall it doesnt matter on the price..

Right now a brand new 629 will cost you 1100 plus tax and shipping and transfer

A brand new Samsung z flip phone is 1500$, or 54$/month for 36 months through verizon..
pay 1500 up front and gripe, or pay 2000 over 36 payments MINIMUM..

Alot of people lie about what they pay. Very sommon to still see people claiming they are getting 400$ k-38 with factory box and letter.

Very sommon to still see people claiming they are getting 400$ k-38 with factory box and letter.

If I had one (I don't) and paid $150 for it I'd be very tempted to sell it to you for $400.

Except that I know someone who would happily give me $800, so you'd lose out there....:D

My ex-brother-in-law's son works as a race car mechanic for classic cars that are raced. Guys who were programmers in the early days of Microscoft made so much money, that they go out and race expensive classic race cars. Why? Because they can. Money means nothing to them.

While we might think $5,000 is a lot of money, these guys blow that on a GOOD weekend at the track. A bad day costs a couple hundred thousand. They don't care. It's monopoly money to them.

And why not? Its fun and keeps people employed.

Back