*Which Sig 9mm is the best???

twin sigs,

only the 357 SIG and 40 S&W are interchangeable with just a barrel swap. The 9mm breach face is cut for the smaller 9mm case rim and the magazines are different.

GunreviewMaster:

Your comment regarding the recommendations of compact Sigs over Sig's full sized is interesting and probably would apply to most situations...except this one. If you kindly read the other posts on this particular thread, you will notice a common theme among those of us who own and shoot compact Sigs.

I own both a 226 in 9mm and a 225 in 9mm. FOR ME the better shooter is the 225 hands down. I would even go so far to say that my 225 was a better made gun to start with. In any case the single stack design along with a nearly 4 inch barrel does make a smaller gun but not that much smaller than the 226 by any means. BOth guns can be concealed fairly easily, but both could also be employed in a target/HD niche as well.

Best I can see it you should probably go to the nearest retail store and look at both side by side. You just might then be able to make comments based on your own experience as opposed to making comments that are no better than "shots in the dark".

Do not hesitate to try out a 225. Two fewer rounds will not make much of a difference in a real world application.

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Do not hesitate to try out a 225. Two fewer rounds will not make much of a difference in a real world application.

I have shot both before. The only comment I can make is that I like the larger grip area of the 226. I guess everyones hands are different. I do agree with you though that the 225 is slightly better designed (tolerances seemed tighter). YMMV

Back