*Which Sig 9mm is the best???

I just recently purchased the P225 for $450 with K-kote and night sights. So far it is the most accurate pistol i've ever shot including S&W, Beretta, Glock, 1911's...I really like it. It is VERY tight fit and finish-wise!

Greg

As the proud owner of a 9mm P226, .40 P229, and a .380 P230 I have to agree that you can't go wrong with a Sig. The one you get depends on what you want it for. Next on my wish list is the .357 Sig P239.
To Blackamos: remeber the lighter the gun the stiffer the recoil. If gun size and recoil are issues with your girl friend the .380 P232 or maybe even the P239 in 9mm might be good choices.

Another vote for the P-225 as I have had one for about a year and a half and love it. it is almost more accurate then my P-226 hides really well and mags aren't 80-100 dollars. Have a Mark Graham 4X for it and I just love the combo so much I'm getting another P-225 in a week or so.

Later,

Mike

Not sure what you will be using the gun for but I have a P-239 and absolutely love it.

The P-239 has to be Sigs best carry pistol to date, besides carrying it I almost always bring it to the range with me. For a gun this size I find it is just as accurate as my P-228 and at the same time it conceals without a hitch.

Good luck,
~Jason

I love my SIG P210, but I bought it many years ago when 210s were much. much cheaper. If I were going to buy one today, I would buy the P226. It is an excellent pistol.

I love my SIG P210, but I bought it many years ago when 210s were much. much cheaper. If I were going to buy one today, I would buy the P226. It is an excellent pistol.

the best 9mm sig will always be the 210, i thought i saw some good (not outragously priced) surplus ones in SGN a little while back.

other than that, the p226 has always handled best for me and i carried it both on and off duty. light weight, full size barrel and accuracy

IMHO all 9mm sigs are too big to carry concealed but the best combination of size and weight goes to the p225 (not the P239)

Any Sig in 9mm. Quality and performance are top notch. The only deciding factor for you would be the dimensions. The newer Sigs such as the P229 and the P239 allow you to have interchangeable barrels. You can turn your 9mm into a big bore gun with only a drop of a bigger bored barrel. Simple. To have this capability only makes Sigs the guns to own

I have owned a 239. liked the gun but didn't like the cal. All of my other gun, are 40 and 45's. If I was to do it again, I would buy the sig 228. My uncle is a Federal Air Marshall and they have the 226 issued to them with the laser sight replacing the guide rod. He would rather have the 228 also.

Best is really tough. But here goes.

My 225 is probably the most concealable of my Sig 9mms.

My 226 is really nice and very accurate.

My 2009 is just plain fantastic. Despite what you hear, it is all Sig and perhaps the best trigger pull and durability of all of them.

But don't worry. No one owns ONE Sig. The question is only which one to buy first.

9mm?

Make mine the 'deuce and a quarter'.

P-225.

Slim grip, tight slide fit, inexpensive (for a Sig), and deadly accurate. If your 50' groups are larger than a couple inches, it's you and not the gun...

Why do some people recommend the compacts?

Unless the gentleman needs a CCW gun, why whould he get a compact? A full sized Sig Sauer (P226) gives larger sight radius, better handling, accuracy and better balance. I am just curious why so many recommend the compacts (are you assuming he needs a CCW piece)?

Back