*Which Sig 9mm is the best???

SIG P-210! Extraordinary accuracy, extraordinary price!
Other than that model, the P-226 has an excellent reputation for precise shooting.
vanfunk

Vanfunk got it right. P-210 or P-226.

I've had several SIGs (P-239, P-220) and still have a SIG-P-210. Unquestionably the finest 9mm service pistol made. (But the H&K P7 is a close second place.) If you can afford it, the P-210 is hard to beat... and you have astounding bragging rights.

(Interestingly enough, however, I have a CZ-85 Combat that is right there with it on accuracy, and a lot easier to shoot in IDPA. And it cost about 1/3 of what the SIG P-210 did.)

I allways use the Sig 228 as CCW. It´s very reliable (+2,500 rounds without stoppages) and accurate (2.5" at 15 yards handheld / 5 shots).

I don´t know if the P228 is the best of the 9 mm Sig line, but I really trust in its performance.

I am currently on a quest for a P228. Small, relatively decent-sized hicaps (13 rounds) and legendary SIG accuracy.

[Edited by joegerardi on 11-22-2000 at 04:25 PM]

You won't go wrong with ANY Sig. With that said, aside from the very expensive P-210; it probably would
be a toss up between the P226, P228, P229 (9m/m), or the
P239? All of these have a rather large following, and
each performs a very different function, during every day
carry. To further explain, a uniformed police officer most
likely would choose the world famous P226 as a duty weapon,
whereas a plainclothe's investigator probably would go with
either the P228 or the P229, an a civilian interested in CCW
would opt for the P239.:) All of these are great weapons; or
what I call "the Rolls Royce" of working class 9m/m's!!!:D
I own the P226 and the P228; two of the finest 9m/m's ever
made, in my book. The choice is yours, my friend. Go buy the one that suit's your need's? Stay safe, have fun, and shoot
a lot!!!:rolleyes:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Well you said the best Sig, that honor goes to the 210. Its not even a SIG Sauer, its a Sig, period. One of the best production triggers ever produced. Accuracy and balance cannot be compared with any other pistol. Ergonomics and design were ahead of its time. At this point if you don't have the money for the 210, than the 226 is a respectable compromise.

There are no bad Sigs. Once you have one,you'll get others.You won't be able to help yourself. You'll see.

I Agree with corsair, the Sig P-210 is SWISS made and is highly desireable, but not always affordable.

If you go with the other P Series such as P-228, P-226, P-225, you won`t be disappointed...

JMHO,

Howard

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

My personal favorite 9mm SIG is the P228. The pure comfort of its grip strongly impresses me every time I pick it up. Its fit and finish are excellent and, in my experience, it's totally reliable. IMHO it's better suited to concealed carry than the P226 (also a fine gun) and is therefore more flexible. My second favorite 9mm SIG is the P225, a classic.

I'd love to have a P210, though.

P229. OK, so it's not a P210 but the P210 is in a class by itself. For DA/SA semiautomatic pistols of the Sig livery which is not a 45 ACP, I would prefer the P229 because of the heavier, (blackened) stainless steel slide. It is fabricated by casting which is then machined. Another advantage is that is has two fewer roll pins (a solid pin is used on the P229). Just being old fashion I suppose...

Message to rectify my previous post-

In my opening statement, I said "You won't go wrong with ANY
Sig". Well, that's not entirely true. You see, I don't care for, or condone the use of the Sig-Pro series; I only use and carry the Sig-Sauer "P" series of handguns. The Sig polymer frames really do feel like "Combat Tupperware" to me; but that's just my opinion.:eek::)

Thanks For Watching,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Ain't even read the other posts on this string: own a P228. Awsome weapon!!!

Concealable...accurate to beat the band... easy to clean...heck, if it (edited out), I'ld marry it!

Of course, pretty much any SIG you decide on will possess these qualities.

If you want concealed, go with the P239.
If you want a full size, P226
If you want something that the powers that be no longer want you to have, go with the P228.

My 2 cents worth!

S.

I had a sig 225 9mm that worked great and was quite accurate for a stock gun. I would recommend it, if you must have a DA/SA auto in 9mm. For some reason I traded mine off a few months ago. It was a very nice gun, nothing wrong with it, but I just didnt fall in love with it.

Sig 220 (45 ACP) is real nice too!

Another vote for the P225. The P228 and P226 are superb, but I cannot afford prebans. I'm stuck with PC 10 rounds mags. This got me thinking that I should go single stack. The P225 holds eight rounds, two less than the forced PC 10 rounds. This is no disadvantage, at least to me. The P225 is very accurate, it's the tighest production SIG Sauer I ever handled, DA/SA pulls are very good, and fit and balance are unbeatable. Best of all 1997 P225s with K-Kote and night sights, can be had for good prices. Last I checked they were selling for under $500, a lot less than P228s and P226s.

I am looking into the sig pro, I love the 226 and carry it every day (duty gun) but want a light gunto leave at home for my girl freind and take to the range with her.

Back