Which handguns do you think will be discontinued soon?

Actually there are a lot of folks that prefer the single stacks. I actually liked the LC9S and only got rid of it because the trigger had become too light. But if triggers were the same and I liked the trigger I would own choose the LC9S over the Max 9. 1/8 difference? That IMO is a lot. One of the nice things about he LC9S was the slim design. I doubt single stacks are going anywhere in the future. Just too many people out there that do not want a double stack Micro. What I think would be interesting is more single stacks 9mm, but built lighter in weight. Even smaller in size. Now that would be innovation. If Ruger made a lighter Micro 9mm. Better quality, modular take down etc. That would be a winner. And make it a single stack.
A double stack is bad enough in a full size gun. My wife has a LC9s and it's her favorite carry gun.

S&W M&P 2.0, as they will likely come out with a 3.0 version to get more people / Departments to upgrade. It's all about volume sales. :D

With the current political push, there are a lot of big sales on current inventory of AR type pistols with braces.

I can't think of anything in particular that seems likely to be discontinued if it has any popularity to its name. Even older designs which are often exaggerated as "obsolete" like the 1911, Beretta 92 Series, Walther PPK, CZ75, various SIG pistols, and Revolvers in general seem to be going strong long after they've fallen out of use by Military/Law Enforcement.
I think the fear was the eventual demise of the Beretta 92, after the military dropped it. But it seems to hold onto a fair market share, even though there was a lot of griping about it (the Sig was better, the slide can break, the gun is too big for the caliber, etc). I think that's because it's still generally perceived as a nice gun and a great soft shooter by users, and Beretta understands it's their signature handgun. Nobody cares about or recognizes the Storm or things like that.

Anything in .380 seems like a pretty hard sell at this point. The rise of the SIG P365, Hellcat Micro, and similar subcompact 9MMs are pretty competitive against the bulk of the .380 market in a more universal cartridge. Why the hell wouldn't you buy one of the new wonder 9s when they're very competitive for size and share ammo/mags with larger carry guns? The P365 in particular seems like a very hard act to follow.

If I had to guess, it would be any of them based on the 1911 platform . . . . let's see . . . 110 years old . . . nobody likes 'em and the novelty of them will certainly wear thin . . . . Ha . . . Ha . . . Ha . . . Ha!!!!!

I think the fear was the eventual demise of the Beretta 92, after the military dropped it. But it seems to hold onto a fair market share, even though there was a lot of griping about it (the Sig was better, the slide can break, the gun is too big for the caliber, etc). I think that's because it's still generally perceived as a nice gun and a great soft shooter by users, and Beretta understands it's their signature handgun. Nobody cares about or recognizes the Storm or things like that.
I was in that camp that I felt the 92 was a terrible choice as a military sidearm, but for police and recreational/competition shooting I've turned a corner and have been thinking about getting one or the PT92 because I want a heavy pistol to shoot 9mm and soak up recoil.

Also, I've yet to find one DA/SA pistol that has a bad SA trigger.

Anything in .380 seems like a pretty hard sell at this point. The rise of the SIG P365, Hellcat Micro, and similar subcompact 9MMs are pretty competitive against the bulk of the .380 market in a more universal cartridge. Why the hell wouldn't you buy one of the new wonder 9s when they're very competitive for size and share ammo/mags with larger carry guns? The P365 in particular seems like a very hard act to follow.
Because stuff like LCP's are still smaller.

You can't make a 9mm as small as you can make a .380.
You can't make a .380 as small as you can make a .32.
And, you can't make a .32 as small as you can make a .25.

Hopefully.40 ammo will still be available. I have a vested interest, since I still own four.

All those millions of .40 cals that were sold in the 90s and 00s surely didn’t just disappear, and I think the bigger bullet is an advantage for an outdoors gun.

But looks like ZERO incentive for manufacturers to make any new .40 pistols, these days.

Last edited:
Product life cycle is killing us right now. The PPQ was the hottest pistol. Remember, even it slowed down to the point that Walther was offering a 100 dollar rebate making it below 400 dollars 2 years ago.

Walther is having us wait to get PPQ models already made in the new PDP models. The non discontinued PPQs are all PPQ slide. I expect the PPQ Q4 Tac will go first.

The Beretta lineup will remain, but only because they have basically nothing. PX4 is great, but will be obscurity. The Nano is already gone but still being sold (replaced by the APX Carry).

Sig P226s. Flagship gun. Can't find it anymore for a long while but in the Legion format. Doesn't bode well for the classic P226. AXG replaces Enhanced, Elite, blah blah. Sig is the worst for this. I bet a P320 like 22 ends up replacing the branded Mosquito.

Ruger Security 9 is about the worst gun out there from a major manufacturer. I suspect it stays for price until Ruger can copy something else.

S&W 2.0 is less nice than the new Shield Plus. So...I doubt a 2.0 will be the end of that numbering system.

HK VP9 or is it the SFP9? With the new single stack coming...days might be numbered for this G17 sized gun? Or the end of the P2000 or P30.

G2 Taurus and G3. All Millennium/PT111s, this might be the longest "version" "generation" series of all handguns. GX4 literally has 4 in it. Bye G2 with sudden current bottom pricing.

Canik TP9SF/TP9SFX. We know a new TP9SFX version 2 is coming. Turkey is having a hard time sourcing parts to bring it to the US. When it does, all version will get an update as its rumored to improve everything.

G34 Gen4. Just waiting on the Gen5. No benefit for the Gen4 while having no contracts like the Gen3 and Gen4 G19/G17.

FN whatever there current line up is...you don't know it, I don't know it.

The worst bet though? Any SBR pretending to be a pistol with the "brace" that hasn't fooled anyone.

380's Hard sell? Lol, the Ruger LCPMax is selling like crazy. Does not appear like the 380 is going anywhere.
But then again, with the Turbulent times, who the hell knows anything any more. If some guns are discontinued, then many will be Excellent purchases due to the fact that there are some great firearms out there and they will be reduced in Price. Most people are not shooting much as it is anyway.
I am not interested in buying any NEW guns right now. Except maybe a 22.cal or.
If I did not already have a half dozen or more small 380's I would consider another LCP GEN 2 if they could go around $199, which I suspect will happen. The Price is getting close now.

380's Hard sell? Lol, the Ruger LCPMax is selling like crazy. Does not appear like the 380 is going anywhere.

I agree the 380 will be here for a long time, but where is the LCP Max selling like crazy? A few lgses have gotten them in and they’re just sitting. Heck I think it was you yourself that pointed out if you want a 380 you want as small as possible and that isn’t the Max. I’m personally a bit skeptical the LCP Max will see the same success as the other overstuffed micro compacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree the 380 will be here for a long time, but where is the LCP Max selling like crazy? A few lgses have gotten them in and they’re just sitting. Heck I think it was you yourself that pointed out if you want a 380 you want as small as possible and that isn’t the Max. I’m personally a bit skeptical the LCP Max will see the same success as the other overstuffed micro compacts.

I have no desire at all for the Max or the over stuffed Micro 9mms as well.
Just getting my info from the Ruger forum and my own LGS whom I was just at last week and twice this week. What he does have, is plenty of is Sig 365's, Hellcats and SSCY. Go Figure. He told me that Glocks are are hard to get as well, and they sell as soon as they come in like the LCPMax. I get the Glocks being sold out. And I get the fact that he has plenty of the Ruger LC9 Max, but cannot keep a LCR in stock.
Lol, I can't figure out this crazy market and the crazy fads. But fads come and go. That I do know.

Last edited:
I have no desire at all for the Max or the over stuffed Micro 9mms as well.
Just getting my info from the Ruger forum and my own LGS whom I was just at last week and twice this week. What he does have, is plenty of is Sig 365's, Hellcats and SSCY. Go Figure. He told me that Glocks are are hard to get as well, and they sell as soon as they come in like the LCPMax.
Heck, I can't figure out the crazy market and the crazy fads.

To be fair I’m not sure the Ruger forum is the most unbiased estimate of sales of Ruger products.

The P365 has been out for 3.5 years, the Hellcat for almost 2 years, and even the SCCY DVG-1 has been out for over a year (nor does SCCY get the same level of press as the others in my estimation). The P365 has been one of the best selling pistols since it’s release and the Hellcat seems to do well too. There is usually a period of time after a product is initially released where it sells, seemingly in no small part because people like to try new things. The bigger question, to me, is how well it will keep selling a year and two years from now. Near me the LCP Max is $370, so it’s not priced unfairly imo.

Back