• 9mm CZ-75 B Omega

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
pocket gun

.380 kahr ct-380
can wrap my hand around it without the pinky hanging to the air. holds eight rounds and can fit in my shirt pocket....after 200 round break in.....no miss feeds with my reloads....never had a miss feed with factory ammo.

I voted for the 357 because that's all that I own.
I'm pretty sure that I can't compare these 4 because they arelike night and day.
So, if my vote or voice counts, I'd say none of these fit, so my vote is useless.

Sorry. but I can't even begin to understand why you posted this? Are you trying to compare 3 semi's to one wheel?

I think I'd cary the sig of the options listed. I like the Cz75 the most of the options you list, but it's longer in the grip than a 1911, which is the largest handgun I like to carry. I find the grip to be the hardest part to conceal. Honestly, though, rather than a poll of what others think, you have to consider your body type, shooting preferences, method of carry, and dress choices to really decide which is the best for YOU.

If you can't find a way to comfortably conceal a pistol that you like shooting and can deploy well, and if concealed carry is important to you, then I would advise selling the gun that you like and shoot the least and getting a good carry gun - there are more options than ever in today's market, many for very good prices, so take your pick.

I regularly see both the S&W .380 bodyguard and Ruger LCP .380 for about $300 and as little as $200. There are many other (arguably better) options out there, but that just goes to show that if you were to sell one of yours, you can definitely own a reliable, easy to carry pistol.

Pick the smallest?

Pick the one you know to be best for saving your life.

How well you shoot is nowhere as important as how well a bad guy you might confront shoots. It's not how well you shoot; it's about how well you're able to avoid getting shot. Therefore, you gotta practice shooting & moving and shooting while moving.

It's your life that you're anticipating saving...or the lives of your loved ones.

Compromise means not getting what you want. There are very, very few compromises I'm wiling to accede when going with something that might save my life.

The way I see it, the best of the best has been the best for better than a century. The Model 1911A1 chambered for the .45 ACP is best. The rest are compromises.

I'd go with a good quality 1911A1 in .45 ACP. The 1911A1 is one of the easier guns to conceal, even full-size models.

I think that the two most naturally pointing handguns are the Peacemaker and the 1911A1. The Peacemaker became obsolete for tactical use when the 1911A1 was invented.

But in the end, it's all about personal preference. Some people just don't like semi-autos. I can't argue with personal preference. Some people believe the 9MM is superior to the .45 ACP. I let those people believe what they want to believe. As for me, I'd want two of the biggest holes possible: one going in and one going out. Knowing how bad guys stop shooting at good guys is the necessary foundation for selecting a self-defense weapon. If the CNS ain't FUBAR'd, then you gotta hope a bad guy's blood pressure gets to zero in a huge hurry. A bad guy sans his heart will live for another 8 seconds, long enough to reduce a good guy to room temperature.

CZ-75

I carry a CZ-85B quite often IWB with little trouble. I do not have experience with any of the other pistols. I do not to know how much smaller the Sig 320C would be.

I picked the CZ on account of I used to have and 85 and loved it and I CC a full size 1911 even in the terrible summer heat in just a t shirt.

I finally settled on the Ruger LC9S. It's compact, holds 7 +1, and fits nicely in my pocket holster. Their new striker fire trigger is great!

I chose the GP because it's the easiest to conceal in my opinion. If I really need to hid my CCW I carry my Shield IWB but more often than not I carry a bigger firearm. If I have a jacket I wear my fullsize M&P9, at any other time I carry either my M&P9c or my 5" 686+. My 686+ conceals better than my M&P9c so that's why I went with the GP100. Just because a revolver is a big heavy hunk of steel doesn't mean it doesn't carry IWB extremely well. Though you need to be taller with a 4"+ barrel to be confy. I'm 6'2" 270 with a 40" waist for IWB. If you're much smaller that 5'10" 160 I'd suggest just carrying a knife n some mace until you can afford a smaller gun.

Then what is the "perfect" CCW?
Don't want to offend, but "perfect" is what's perfect for you. The reason a perfect firearm for CC is your choice, is what fancies you at the store on your budget, and under your expectations that someone or the display brought you to your choice! Then you have the caliber whom some friend you respect for knowledge or someone on the internet told you is the ultimate firearm or weapon or caliber you should choose for self-defense. That, then gives you you focus at the gun show or counter.

We choose small, or big, or "bang". Your concealed carry or NRA class should have given you some ideas on concealed carry.

Or do a SWAT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats). Find out what YOU want in your frame of focus. Find the top 3 of your interests. Run the same analysis on those three, and buy the one you want. If you are new to firearms, rent some and see which one feels good in your grip. Shoot at least 100 rounds through it and decide if it is what you want to buy for your CCW.

This is not a big decision in your life....it is a decision on how to protect your life and the innocent bystander around you, should you need to pull it out of your concealment!

I can't speak for others' polls but in this case, I put forth a list of what I currently have to work with for concealed carry. I may get more choices down the road but right now it is either a choice between these 4 or don't carry at all.

I guess I could have included an option of none for the poll but that essentially means don't conceal carry until you get something else. In my state of Tennessee we can open or conceal carry but both require a permit. In a funny coincidence to this poll, when I was shooting with my friend this weekend, he said his wife (average size) conceal carried a full sized CZ 75 B Omega. It was bigger than his 9mm Ruger SR 9C. Too funny

Based on this, and the fact that you're choosing from your immediately available four pistols, I would think about strategies for them all. And maybe consider open carry? You wouldn't need to worry about concealing a big heavy gun, and you could just OWB with a good belt. If you did that I'd go for the GP100.

For concealing, again it probably will depend a lot on your body type. Since they're all bigger, heavier guns, perhaps you could try a shoulder holster? I guess it depends on your clothes, and I believe summer gets hot in Tennessee, correct? If that gets to be an issue, I would really try to pick up a small subcompact, pocket pistol, or j-frame.

In the meantime, the question is

Which handgun would you conceal carry?
.357 Ruger GP-100 (4 inch barrel)
9mm Sig P320 Compact
9mm Beretta 92 G
9mm CZ-75 B Omega

After looking up all the stats, I'm actually going to say GP100. Its lighter than the semiautos, probably decently concealable iwb, and for sure in a shoulder holster. And you probably wouldn't get too many looks if you open carried a revolver. Plus .357 will get the job done. Carry a quick strip or speed loader with you and practice a lot with them.

Either way, I would start saving up about $400 for another gun. That's only $65 a month if you want it by Christmas, and I'm sure it can be done much faster.

Good luck!

Lee

Last edited:
I am aware the poll is closed which is a good thing because so many polls are posted that have not been well thought out or are biased to begin with. As others have noted " none of the above" if listed would have been the ultimate winner ( of what is not very clear) perhaps a blank spot where an individual could actually post their preference would have helped. But even modifying the choices what is gained?
The OP should look at what is available to him and make his own choice, he is the ultimate decider. I guess I could initiate a poll each day as to which of the handguns in the safe I should carry that day, or I can make my own decision and carry what I am comfortable with considering my needs, dress and possible response to direct threat of human life.

I am aware the poll is closed which is a good thing because so many polls are posted that have not been well thought out or are biased to begin with.

I'm inclined to disagree here. Whilst some polls may well be ill-thought out others are not. The OP explained that these are the guns that he (assuming male) owns and you can't get much less biased than "this is what I have to choose from".

Buying new guns is expensive...

Ibmikey said:
I guess I could initiate a poll each day as to which of the handguns in the safe I should carry that day, or I can make my own decision and carry what I am comfortable with considering my needs, dress and possible response to direct threat of human life.

I said it earlier in this thread but I listed the handguns in the poll that I have to pick from for concealed carry. I would add that I am a novice to handgun ownership and have never concealed carried before, so I asked for input which has certainly helped me in deciding. I will try and make follow up post(s) to let you know what gun I picked and how it went. I appreciate everyone's input. Thank you.

Which handgun would you conceal carry?
If you had the choice between the following four handguns to conceal carry with, which one would you choose?

I can't speak for others' polls but in this case, I put forth a list of what I currently have to work with for concealed carry. I may get more choices down the road but right now it is either a choice between these 4 or don't carry at all.

I said it earlier in this thread but I listed the handguns in the poll that I have to pick from for concealed carry. I would add that I am a novice to handgun ownership and have never concealed carried before, so I asked for input which has certainly helped me in deciding. I will try and make follow up post(s) to let you know what gun I picked and how it went. I appreciate everyone's input. Thank you.

If you're a "novice" handgun owner and only own those four handguns at the present, and you're talking about a dedicated defensive handgun which is going to lawfully be carried concealed ...

Which one are you better able to most easily (and safely) handle, manipulate and shoot?

Can you shoot any one of them better, especially if you consider increasingly more demanding and stressful conditions?

Have you taken any training classes using any of them? How well did whichever one you took do, for you?

How much/often have you used any of them?

How many rounds have you fired?

Are you more familiar with cleaning, lubrication and maintenance with one over the others?

Are you willing to dress around them, regardless of their size and weight?

How is your choice going to affect your normal activities, when it comes to wearing it during those activities?

My experience, background and preferences are likely quite a bit different than yours, so my choice would probably have little bearing (or none) when it came to comparing my potential choice to what would probably work best for you.

If you have to ask this question (especially as a poll), you could probably benefit from some more range time, and perhaps some structured training (a class or two), in order to better acquaint you with your available choices under a wider range of conditions, and hopefully better prepare you to make an informed choice that will be productive for your needs.

After all, it's going to be you who may have to actually use whatever it is you decide upon, and possibly under the worst circumstances imaginable, occurring when you may least expect it. ;)

Best of luck in your selection.

I believe you need to try out some more carry friendly guns. Any of the guns listed could be sold or traded for a good amount of money. Then get a weapon more suited for carry. Just sayin...

One carry CW Only?,

Just for me,Every day,every time,my 100 % dependable Ruger LCP.It'll be with me 'cause it's always been with me! Skeets

After looking up all the stats, I'm actually going to say GP100. Its lighter than the semiautos, probably decently concealable iwb, and for sure in a shoulder holster. And you probably wouldn't get too many looks if you open carried a revolver. Plus .357 will get the job done. Carry a quick strip or speed loader with you and practice a lot with them.
It's funny that you mention possibly not getting as many looks if open-carrying a revolver.

I sometimes open-carry, especially if I'm on my way to the range or the day's circumstances have me working outside but needing a little more range of motion (my IWB options can be somewhat limiting).

On the rare days that I OC a semi-auto, I get looked at by locals as if I'm some kind of mall ninja, and no one ever says a word about it. People sometimes point and make nasty faces. Overall, it's as if I'm out for no good.
And if one of the tourist buses has just offloaded its Asian cargo*, they look at me like I'm a gang member or drug dealer, occasionally herd their children away, and sometimes actually leave the store/area. *(I'm 2 blocks from a popular over-night stop for a dozen or more companies that shuttle Asian tourists to Yellowstone N.P.; and I run into them any time I'm near their hotels in the early morning or after about 7:30 pm.)

But on the days that I carry a revolver - especially if it's the S&W 29 (6.5") or Ruger Super Blackhawk (7.5") - it's as if I'm in a totally different place. People sometimes politely ask what I'm carrying (which makes it fun to drop ".44 Mag" in there ;)). People smile or make friendly gestures, if anything. And the Asian tourists almost never react negatively. Probably half a dozen times, now, I've heard a tourist whisper in a heavy accent, "Cowboy" or something similar. And, counting one instance just last week (on the way to the range with the S&W 29), I've caught at least three Asian tourists sneaking pictures...

If anything, the locals and tourists make open-carrying a revolver more fun.

But, of course, I'm in a very gun-friendly part of Idaho. Other areas are certain to be different...
Even in some parts of Utah, I used to get dirty looks and even snide comments when I'd have just a hunting knife on my belt (heading to or coming back from a hunt!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back