Which gun for the end of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Bell

Guys,

One thing that guides me in choosing the guns I do is whether I would choose the gun as the only one I could have on a desert island/Mad Max/post total ban/etc. I have made different choices at different times. What would you guys carry if you knew that you could only have one, maybe 4 clips (if it is an autoloader) and only 2-3 spare parts of your choice?

GHB

AK-47.

No, make that an AR-15.

No, make that an MP5.

Oh, wait... this is the pistol forum.

Desert Eagle XIX in .50AE.

No, make that an OlyArms OA98 in .223.

Hell, Greg, now I'm all confoozled. :)

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property,
or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question.."
Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.
----------
Coinneach, CO CAN Operator

Greg:

As this is the pistol forum, here's my choice: M1911A1 pattern pistol, probably a Wilson or Baer.

If you want to know about a rifle, well make mine a Colt AR-15 HBAR Sporter.

Mike

I'd go with a 1911A1 in a pistol, they have been around for a long time, parts are available most everywhere (even after the EOTWAWKI [End Of The World As We Know It]), easy to maintain and ammo should not be aproblem.

For a rifle, I'd want the same standards as the 1911 so I think I'd pick a '98 Mauser chambered in 7.62*51.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

don't laugh now...

pistol: Glock 17 with 17rd mag + 4 33rd spares. If 150rds of 9mm firepower is not enough I figure I'm in total deep do-do!

rifle: Take my chances with my Bushmaster shorty.

While my choice would be a 1911, there's something to be said for a standard 38/357 revolver.

Ammo's common as dirt,effectiveness is still OK.

However, were this not the Pistol Forum, I'd be touting an 870 Remington. Good for anything from squirrels to moose to BGs...

While my choice would be a 1911, there's something to be said for a standard 38/357 revolver.

Ammo's common as dirt,effectiveness is still OK.

However, were this not the Pistol Forum, I'd be touting an 870 Remington. Good for anything from squirrels to moose to BGs...

Mine would be a glock 19 and 4 spare 15round mags,and mabey a spare firing pin and plenty ammo. This will probably start a flame war,but I am saying it in jest to everyone who says a 1911 because its easy to get parts,if you had a glock,you wouldn't have to worry about it breaking and needing parts all the time. sg.

A MILSPEC M1911 with buttloads of 230 grain ball ammo. A lever action 30-30. A Kabar knife. 1000 pounds of dark chocolate. 1000 pairs of silk stockings for trading material.

:)

Handgun - Full size H&K USP 45 SOCOM

Rifle - New production H&K 53 .223 Carbine with a fixed synthetic stock

But personally I'd trade both the above for a limitless supply of frsh water and make do with a SOG Tomcat combat folder and a big stick.

------------------
Mike H

I would USE my MEDUCE revolver

ic an shoot anything from 380 to 44mag init and yes it is a real gun. very impresive gun got mine at a gun show new for 550.00

Pistol: S&W 686

Rifle: G3

While I am truly in love with my USP 45, my nod goes to the Smith for the simple fact that I'm most comfortable with it, and have no problem hitting whatever I'm shooting at.

Same with the G3. Love the AR, but more comfortable shooting the HK, therefore, better with it. More reliable as well, IMO. With the G3 I get decent capacity for BGs, and 7.62 power for larger game.

I'll be carrying my Glock 21 with me December 31st and a *soon to be mine* Remington 870 will be riding in the trunk of my car.

Guys,

Because I am me:

(1) My hardchrome P7M8.
(2) HK91 with scope and PSG1 triggergroup.

If I was sane:
(1) Berretta 92fs
(2) Ar15

If I was broke and sane:
(1) Glock 17
(2) Mak 90 with a whole butt-load of pre-ban clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back