Which American brand would you reach for?

Which brand would you select?

• Remington

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Browning

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Speer

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Federal

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • Winchester

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Hornady

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Blazer

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Winchester. I just have the most experience shooting handguns with old Olin Winchester ammo and feel the most comfortable with it. It's not that I've never had a bad round or had a jam in my life... But it happens so rarely and using one type of ammo allows me to more easily diagnose when issues occur.

I've had jams with literally every common brand of ammo out there, they all fowl the gun eventually, some will be more accurate than others, but Winchester is my middle of the road, low cost solution for general plinking. Plus the brass is decent also.

I haven't purchased factory ammo in years - I cast my own and reload. When I was having to buy ammo years ago - it was pretty much based on price.

Im satisfied with WINCHESTER ammunition

I have never had a problem like what I read about on the forums?

it seems like some people like to blame the ammo? when it could just be their gun doesnt function reliably with certain brands? a good gun should take any factory ammo you fire out of it.

if it doesnt, your gun is probably not that good or finicky.

Depends...
Standard carry ammo is Winchester and never have had a problem. For hiking with my .40 I carry Buffalo Bore, for my .44 mag, I carry Corbon Hunter.

So honestly cannot pick a brand. However, I would say that if I truly needed to use my weapons for self-defense, any of the ammo listed would serve the purpose.

What is it about the Remington everyone dislikes so much? I'm curious because iv used Remington intermittently for years and haven't had any issues other than its not the most accurate.

I get great accuracy with Federal's American Eagle 115 gr FMJ 9mm offering...2-3" at 25 yds from my Sig, Glock, Ruger and Colt pistols...all of them! And...their 124 gr American Eagle FMJ is even better. It's my go-to when I need fresh reloading brass, and serves as a standard by which I judge my handloads. Rod

I get great accuracy with Federal's American Eagle 115 gr FMJ 9mm offering...2-3" at 25 yds from my Sig, Glock, Ruger and Colt pistols...all of them! And...their 124 gr American Eagle FMJ is even better. It's my go-to when I need fresh reloading brass, and serves as a standard by which I judge my handloads. Rod

Iv found that American Eagle 124gr FMJ is easily the most accurate "budget" ammunition iv found yet. Its probably what ill order a case of next time I order one.

I almost voted Federal (CCI), since I shoot a lot of .22LR, but ultimately I went with Hornady. Great products, and a stand-up company.

Variety causes competition for market share. Thus, with different choices, the various manufacturers must compete for your dollars in more than one way: Price, or Quality, or Both. I voted Winchester and Federal.

Everything being equal, I'll buy RP, then CCI, then Federal, for generic ammos, if you are talking SD ammo, then it's CCI and Hornady in equal measure.

Winchester White Box has always been my go to for general range ammunition, but this past week I was shooting with friends and I ended up buying Federal aluminum cased .40 S&W ammo because they were out of Winchester.

I have to say I'm rather impressed with how well it shot.

I didn't vote, as it depends. Federal makes OK blasting ammo for pistol, and they have some semi-decent SD ammo. Federal rifle ammo is great, but the brass is garbage which sucks if you reload.

Winchester makes some good SD ammo for pistol. Their Ranger and Ranger T line are pretty darn good. Their WWB blasting ammo is... well it's cheap practice.

I don't have a favorite other than my reloads.

Federal aluminum cased .45 and 9 mm runs fine in my 1911's as well as my 9mm,s. And, the price. Is right. I am not a reloader-- maybe in the next life !

.02. David. :D

I voted Hornady. I use their bullets and the ammo is good. But it would be more accurate to say I buy whatever is on sale.

I do have a problem with UMC, its real dirty, but even so a sale is a sale and cleaning a gun is something I do anyway.

There is no way that I would or could limit myself to just one brand of ammo. Why? Even how could that be done? Now if my daddy owned the company and gave it away to me maybe but...

Maybe the question is really "what's your favorite ammo for handguns?" Well is it for practice? What kind of practice? drills? bullseye? Is the load for hunting? target work? self defense? What caliber? Revolver or semi?

I have more than one gun and I do different things with them. As a result there is more than one answer.

tipoc

I chose Blazer... it's not the best rd, but I actually prefer S&B for handguns and will use PPU for obscure calibers not otherwise available at decent prices.

Blazer Brass makes a nice consistent soft load at an affordable price.

Back