Which 9mm Glock?

Easy choice for me. G26. Very easy to carry (I don’t like large ccw’s) and great option for home or car that will take any size Glock-applicable 9mm mags. When driving on trips, I carry it plus two 32-rd Promag’s in console for “crowd control”. Hard to beat its versatility. For reference, I also own the larger-sized glocks, and they’re great too, but G26 if picking just one for nightstand/carry duty.

If carry comes in to view I would say either the 48 or or 43X. If carry is secondary and home protection is primary go with the 17. Having said that, 43X is my primary carry gun though I carry a 17 in a Crossbreed Supertuck at times. Your choice, for me, both have been flawless

Too me, the G48 and G43X have the best ergonomics among all Glocks. The G19 is tried and true, but it may feel awkward in your hand. For home and carry use I would favor the G48.

. I laugh at some of these guys who claim that they wont leave the house with anything less than a full size that holds less than 15+ rounds while carrying back up mags. What are the chances of you needed that many shots to stop a random threat? If 6-7 shots doesn’t stop/eliminate your threat, you’re more than likely screwed anyway.

It’s less about capacity and more about having an actual fighting sized pistol. I totally get the utility of sub compacts and I own them myself but the reality, at least for me, is having a pistol that is easy to get a solid grip or and keep hold of in an up close tussle not to mention is far easier to shoot trumps itty bitty gun.

All that said I do generally agree that after a certain number of rounds the fight is either over, they, you or both of you have retreated or you have been overrun.

Now of course in my case it likely doesn’t matter because my shot is likely just the starter pistol for my poop fueled “tactical retreat” while I YELL MY BATTLE CRY.......which sounds oddly like a screaming little girl. DON’T JUDGE ME!!! :)

If you have medium - large hands the G19 will be a good choice

the G19 is the most popular seller, lots of people choose the G19

gun shops tell me they sell more G19's than the other models

unless you need the extra grip size on the 17 , it's wasted space, especially if you live in a state that has a 10 rd limit

Glock 19 with night sights and if it's legal in your state/city a glock 32rd magazine. Glocks are not picky about ammunition so if it's just you and a spouse you could mix ammunition for different levels of penetration/effectiveness. Make sure you have a decent flashlight with a strobe or better yet a set of nv goggles. Add couple of competent dogs to the mix and you'll sleep well.
Mine.

I would get a Glock 19 Gen 5 if you're willing to commit to carrying it. I would definitely try to get an MOS model as I want to add a red dot to mine and it's either going to be very expensive and sub-optimal or require me to send off my carry gun for machining and be without it while that gets done.

I had a G43X and it was a good gun, but I had to sell it. I have some problems with dysautonomia (guess I have an overactive sympathetic nervous system) and too much recoil gives me the shakes real bad. Too much recoil in that little gun for me to shoot more than a mag at a time unfortunately. It's a real convenient carry pistol and pretty formidable with the 15 round magazines.

I am not a Glock fan, nothing against them, fine guns. But the only two I ever liked or would purchase would be the 26 or 43. That said, I would like to be able to shoot and test the Palmetto Dagger.

I've never owned a Glock. However, that doesn't mean that I will never own one. I would either get the 26 or the 43X.

Another vote for the Glock 19 as a dual purpose 9mm. I like the gen 5 guns when it comes to 9mm. As for modifications, nothing, zero, zip, nada other than the sights of your choice installed. Any mods you make will more than likely make the pistol LESS RELIABLE.

Back