Where is your gun? Someone just kicked in your front door...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My S&W 638-2 is in my Kramer pocket holster in my right front pants pocket and I'm wearing the pants. Doc

------------------
Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me? .... Mae West

Its too far away from right now, my best bet would be to make a mad dash to kitchen for a knife and hope to catch the BG off-guard.

I do not seriously expect to need a gun for defense--just recreation. HOWEVER, I would feel pretty bad if someone decided to break into our house and endanger my family so I keep my recreational 7-shot .357 magnum and three speedloaders of Federal 130 gr Hydra-Shok rounds within easy access when I am in the house. The 8-shot .357 magnum and a few hundred rounds of target ammo are just as close.

This home defense thing is sort of like preparing for an earthquake disaster here in the San Francisco Bay area, a tornado in the midwest or a flooding river. We all know the odds are minimal, but want to be prepared if we caught the bad luck.

I don't know that I would buy a gun for this purpose. (Hah! It just occurs to me that I haven't--the proper gun would be an 870 rather than the handguns.) Anyway, as long as I have something that would be useful, I keep it avaiable.

Either I or the BB software goofed and added this post. I now find I cannot delete it. Argh!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy B. Meredith:
I do not seriously expect to need a gun for defense--just recreation. HOWEVER, I would feel pretty bad if someone decided to break into our house and endanger my family so I keep my recreational 7-shot .357 magnum and three speedloaders of Federal 130 gr Hydra-Shok rounds within easy access when I am in the house. The 8-shot .357 magnum and a few hundred rounds of target ammo are just as close.

I don't know that I would buy a gun for this purpose. (Hah! It just occurs to me that I haven't--the proper gun would be an 870 rather than the handguns.) Anyway, as long as I have something that would be useful, I keep it avaiable.

This home defense thing is sort of like preparing for an earthquake disaster here in the San Francisco Bay area, a tornado in the midwest or a flooding river. We all know the odds are minimal, but want to be prepared if we caught the bad luck.

That said, the reality is that home invasion robberies in the Silicon Valley area is common with Viet Namese residents.

The neighbor of one of my wife's clients in the upscale area of Alamo (about 8 miles from here) were confronted by home invaders about a week ago. The home owner, Kim Fang, shot and killed one of the invaders, they killed him and his family beat the crap out of the other invader. Turns out one was a member of a Stockton street gang who had helped deliver furniture to his house.

There are also three cases of women killed by carpet cleaners and other hired help in this area.

Of course I know this sort of thing would never happen here because we are very low profile, poor and not paranoid. Hmmmm.....
[/quote]

[This message has been edited by Guy B. Meredith (edited January 13, 2000).]

I carry a Glock 30 w/ 230 gr HydraShoks in Sidearmor IWB 15 degree AT ALL TIMES I am clothed. If I am not clothed it is whithin arms reach ALWAYS. Doesn't matter if I'm in the shower or on the throne. If I am dressed whether out of my residence or at home I am armed. I also have a Mossberg 500 Persuader nearby if it gets real ugly.

I feel pretty secure in my home, so the shotguns/rifles are locked in a cabinet and the Glock 23 usually rests on a bedside table. A 38 snubbie lives in the car.

Jeff

Glock goes upstairs or downstairs, depending on where I am at. It is in 9MM. But that is caliber wife feels comfortable with recoil and can still have good hits. Wife is always aware of where it is also. Remington 870 Marine is upstairs. I make sure wife trains with it periodically also.

------------------
Courage is only fear that has said its prayers.

I notice a constant thread about carrying a gun IN the home. I often am asked about this and some claim they feel rather silly admitting they do this especially those that don't live in high risk areas.
What one does IN the home is THEIR business. If it makes them feel warm and fuzzy all over, that is fine. I have NO problem with it. It is a personal decision. It is nothing to be embarassed about. At times the wife smiles when I'm making dinner ( also iron and do laundry) if I have my gun on my belt. I have carried a gun for 40+ years and don't think much of it. I take it off when it is convenient to do so. Sometimes I don't and take it off when going to bed.
For years I slept with the gun very close at hand but a 8 year old step-son has changed the rules.
IF you are one that wears your gun IN the hosue or has it next the PC while reading the Forum, great. That is YOUR business. Kinda like carrying a condom. You never know when you need it. It is also your RIGHT and YOUR business.

Gosh--I don't know about all of this--often
I even forget to lock the door,or go out and
leave the place open.
I must be living in another country,or the
past, or somewhere else.
Is it really that bad over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back