Where are all the select fire macho men?

Do you own at least one select fire weapon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish

FA isn't in the cards any time soon. Maybe if they're still available when the kids move out....

A GUU-5 would be a fun toy if legal on the civilian side....

The Haus has been closed for at least 6 years.

Yes, I will be manufacturing machine guns (and suppressors and AOWs). The MP5 is whatever the going rate for the current market. Over $10K for an MP5 the last time I looked. The machine guns I manufacture will only be legal to transfer to LE agencies or the military, but I can make as many demo guns as I want and keep some on hand for sales, etc. One of my first projects will be a 10mm M16 commando. I will also be making a "double tap" burst kit for M16 rifles. If one has a transferable machine gun that's a registered receiver, it would be legal to put this kit in your machine gun. The selector would go SAFE-SEMI-TWO SHOT BURST.

The steps are about the same for a dealer and manufacturer, but there are small differences. The dealer FFL is $200 with a $90 renewal and the manufacturer FFL is $150 with no reduced renewal rate.

The dealer, type 01 FFL, has to pay a Class III SOT (special occupational tax) yearly of $500 to become and maintain the status as a dealer in NFA weapons.

The manufacturer, type 07 FFL, has to pay a Class II SOT yearly of $1000 (reduced rate of $500 for small manufacturers that sell under $500,000 previous year) to maintain the status of a NFA firearm manufacturer. With a type 07 FFL/ SOT2, you can make everything except for destructive devices (I think that's a type 10 FFL that runs like $3K for 3 years). Also a manufacturer (both firearm and ammunition manufacturer) has to register with the US State Department under the ITAR rules and pay a yearly fee of $1,750. It is mandatory even if you don't import or export or sell to military. If you make it, you need to be registered.

Currently I'm a type 06 FFL, ammunition manufacturer. Under the NFA tax rules, all FFL sales are to be added up to determine what tax is due for the Class II tax. Because I have an FFL already, and my sales for the last fiscal year (ending June 30) is less than $500,000 I qualify to pay the reduced SOT tax of only $500 to get my NFA manufacturer status. Pretty sweet, eh?

Zoning is another hangup. Currently in the village, there is no zoning restrictions on the firearms industry so I just have the FFL, SOT, and ITAR fees to pay. I operate out of my home. Basically if I get the proper FFL and SOT tax paid, I can make rocket launchers, artillery, and flame throwers in the back yard if I want to.

The best combination of FFL and SOT to get is the type 07 FFL with the class II SOT. With this combination I can do all of the following:

• Make any Title I firearm (handguns, long guns)
  • Deal in any Title I firearm
  • Perform any gunsmithing activities
  • Manufacture ammunition or components
  • Manufacture NFA weapons, except DDs
  • Deal in NFA weapons, except DDs
  • Import machine guns for R&D purposes

The fee schedule is $150/3yrs for the FFL, $500/yr for the SOT (reduced rate), and $1,750 per year for the ITAR registration. So licensing costs are $2,300 per year.

Too bad the Haus is closed. I was looking forward to visiting it some day.

I am in process of acquiring a M4. Its US Army gun which is sold to PK as part of war on terror, and the gun has been retired since it failed to perform in mud, but I am not too worried about that.

Just got two, a Vector Uzi and a Browning 1919A4.

The Uzi I can shoot any time, since I have a source for 9mm ammo. The Browning...not so much. But I still bring it out every few months. :D

voted no

I don't own any select fire weapons, they are not allowed where I live. And even if they were, the cost is just too much to own and operate. I can own and feed half a dozen (or maybe even a dozen) other good guns for the cost of a single NFA piece.

I played with them extensively in my brief military career, and was a trained Small Arms repairman, which means I am very familiar with the function and repair of full auto firearms. Also machine gun history and theory are a long term hobby of mine. However, I do not feel the need to actually own one, due to both the legal hassles and the cost.

other than the fun aspect of burst fire, there is nothing I do (or want to do) that a semi doesn't suit me as well, or better.

I do enjoy machine guns, watching and hearing them shoot, and I know quite a bit about them, but until that big Lottery win comes through, I cannot afford them, or the ammo needed to have fun with them on a regualr basis. So I just content my self to collecting things that look like machineguns when possible (semi auto Thompson, for example) and my memories.

Man.
Some of the responses to this thread are ...... interesting.

Yes. I own a select fire weapon.
One.
A Sterling tube gun.
And, I didn't fill out 100 pages of paperwork to buy it, or get a state senator's signature to buy it.
For those of you who have never been through the process, the ATF requires two forms to be filled out. The Form 4 consists of one single page, front and back. The other form is the Certificate of Compliance which is a single sided form on which you certify your citizenship.
Both forms can be found here: http://www.titleii.com/Forms.htm where you can fill out most of the information online and print out the form, ready for signatures.
The cost of this weapon was less than buying an ATV, a boat, a travel trailer, a motorcycle, .......................

Back