Where are all the select fire macho men?

Do you own at least one select fire weapon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By education I am lawyer, but profession I am living semi retired life. I use to be a heavy real estate player, still am.

Like I mentioned before guns are my passion.

Here is my partial list:
Ak 47 (15)
M4 (3)
G3 (3)
MP5 (3)
Ak 74 (6)
Aksu74 (2)
M16 (9)
A few auto pistols

Pk (4) and DShk(2) on way
Bunch others with one item per weapon.

full auto

Played/used several during my LE days. Growing up with "Combat" and Sgt Rock comic's and carrying my Mattel "Tommygun", I always dreamed of having a real "Tommygun". Fulfilled my dreams and got a Auto Ord 1928A1 Thompson born in 1940's. Sometimes its nice to fulfill a dream even if its not practical or cost effective.

Here is my partial list:
Aha! I knew it, a true hobbyist! You sound more like a collector than a stereotyped 'macho man'. C'mon, admit it though if you're able to invest in this sort of hardware you must be more interested in the mystique of collecting than in being some sort of Rambo.

Let me ask you one question, aren't they better to look at than to shoot?

MeekandMild... They are so much fun to shoot!

Yes i am a collector not rambo. They are good to look at but looking at them entices me to empty out a few mags almost everyday.

I mean you have got to agree that select fire is so much more fun to shoot.

Firepower!.......are all of those fully transferrable or dealer samples? If fully transferrable, you easily have over $1,000,000 in machineguns. I really need to win the lottery. :)

then a colt sp-1 fa PRE 86 conversion with a 10.5 barrel is coming late june. ... the colt is over 15k.

If you paid over fifteen thousand dollars for an SP1 conversion, you got taken to the cleaners....

Fully transferable granted the other person is legal to own as well. This is just a partial list my friend.

Too bad TFL does not have a movie platform to post clips.

I didn't buy the colt yet, the purchase was going to be in mid june. What should I be paying? Comes with an eotech 552 and a Surefire FA556AR suppressor. I could probably get the price down if I haggle a bit, but it's not really in my nature. Looks a lot different than most of the other's i've seen, seems to have a lot of mods done on it.

What kind of mods are you talking about? Mods to the lower? The only things you should be doing to a transferable lower are maybe changing out the stock, adding KNS pins and the grip of your choice. If it has been 'heavily modded' beyond that, I would be cautious. There is an SP1 conversion that just sold on Subguns for $12k and there is one still for sale on Sturm for $10.5k. That is about the going price range. Add $900 for the can and $400 for the EOTech and that still puts you at $12k total if you bought the second SP1 I mentioned. Then you still have to stamps to buy. Just be careful when looking for a RR M16. Just because it says "Colt" doesn't mean it has to cost fifteen grand. Now if it was a M16 marked A1 or A2, that would be a different story.

First my wife would kill me if I bought a gun that cost almost as much as her car. Second my wife would kill me if I bought a gun that cost almost as much as her car. Third I am a public school teacher and dont make the bank roll to cover those purchases. Now in 15 years when I finally hit 6 figures then we may be talking. Then again those 15k m4's could be 30k m4's in 15 years. I shot a handfull of fa weapons and they are fun to shoot, especially when I did not have to fork out the money for the gun and jump through burning rings of fire to have the chance to shoot it.

Priorities man, priorities. Some people who think that a $10k gun is out of reach deem it necessary to drive a brand new F-150 every couple years. Hell, if you bought a brand new one, it depreciates the value of an M16 as soon as you drive it off the lot! I drive a 10+ year old vehicle that has long since been paid-off and I don't tinker with ATV's or watercraft or any other 'mainstream' big-boy toys. My friends that have all the 4-wheelers and dirtbikes and watercraft and the like think I'm crazy for buying expensive firearms. They probably spend more $$ on their hobby(s) than I do. It's all in what's important to you. If you want it to happen, make it happen.

Only change to the lower are a magpull stock and new grips. Upper, although not a big deal, nice rail, front grip, surefire light, flat top. Like I said, I haven't purchased it yet, it's something I've been talking about with the owner. I could probably get him down in price though, remember, I have very little experience purchasing FA weapons so the difference between 12k and 15k doesn't pop up as a red flag for me.

What kind of mods are you talking about? Mods to the lower? The only things you should be doing to a transferable lower are maybe changing out the stock, adding KNS pins and the grip of your choice. If it has been 'heavily modded' beyond that, I would be cautious. There is an SP1 conversion that just sold on Subguns for $12k and there is one still for sale on Sturm for $10.5k. That is about the going price range. Add $900 for the can and $400 for the EOTech and that still puts you at $12k total if you bought the second SP1 I mentioned. Then you still have to stamps to buy. Just be careful when looking for a RR M16. Just because it says "Colt" doesn't mean it has to cost fifteen grand. Now if it was a M16 marked A1 or A2, that would be a different story.

My only view on this topic is that if you can, you might as well. Not only that, but by doing so, your helping add to the numbers of people that do. And we need people to hold the line where it is. At least.

I'm sure I'll never own a select fire of any type. Unless my dreams of becoming a rock star come true, and I have alot of money to blow. But in the mean time, I can hardly justify the $1600 after tax for a nice M1A. But I'm really glad to see that other people are getting the lead out!

I hope to go to one of those "50 cal/machine gun" shoots one day and atleast watch. Maybe some time in my life I'll be able to fire a fully automatic.

One things for sure. it will be a long long time from now before the government can get ahold of our semiautomatics. Although I'm sure they'll just keep taking little bites!:P

Mellow...unfortunately you are right. Governments no matter where they are always keep trying to take guns away from people or keep making it hard for people to own them or buy them. I dont understand how those anti gun folks get their influence in there.

Anyway, I hope you get to own a select fire sooner than you have contemplated! And enjoy firing it!

Governments

Washington DC handgun ban was overturned, San Fransisco Handgun Ban overturned, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas all have passed CCW in the past few years,

KS just repealed thier ban on NFA weapons, MO just repealed it's ban on Silencers.

More and more states are going CCW all the time, the 94 AW ban is gone, none of the evil legislation attempted in Illinois this year even came close.

So I don't know where the idea that the government is trying to take away the guns.

Originally I'm from Oshkosh, WI; most recently from Green Bay. Been living up here for 3 years now.

That name doesn't ring a bell. First time I've heard of it.

The 07/02 is a type 07 FFL for a firearm manufacturer and the 02 is the SOT (special occupational tax) to make NFA weapons. Currently I'm a type 06 FFL, ammunition manufacturer, but am expanding my business to include firearm manufacturing.

With the status of an 07/02, I can make Title I (handguns, longguns) and Title II (machine guns, AOWs, suppressors [no short barrel weapons in MI]) and deal in both types of weapons. It is the most freedom one can have in the firearms industry. I can make and deal in all types of firearms except Destructive Devices/armor piercing ammo.

I just got word that my 07 FFL application got to the ATF field office in Grand Rapids. They are mailing out an info packet today and next week will be my compliance interview (standard procedure) then in a week to week and a half I'll have my FFL in hand and can begin manufacturing and dealing in firearms. This is also a prerequisite to paying the SOT for a NFA firearm manufacturer, which the tax year starts July 1st, so as of July 1st I can manufacture and deal in NFA.

My transfer fee for Title I firearms is $20 and my transfer fee to MI residents for NFA weapons (machine guns, AOWs) is only $25. The main thing I will be making for civilians is affordable shotgun type AOWs (short barrel, pistol grip) in both 12ga and 20ga. Depending on how much my dealer price is, I hope to keep the retail price of an AOW under $275 including the $5 transfer tax.

Thats cool.

Would you have capacity to manufacture fa fire arms?

How hard is it in the US to become a fullay auto dealer? Manufacturer?

How much is an Mp5 there in UP? i lived in various place there, Hancock to Marquette.

A little further north of your town there is a good place to eat called 'the haus'. Especially on Saturdays, when they habe their signatue prime rib buffet!

Back