Where are all the select fire macho men?

Do you own at least one select fire weapon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Firepower!

Folks,
To be honest with you I am some what disappointed to see the lack of interest here with respect to the select fire weapons. I see lot of good threads but very few generate any response. Whats up?

Lets put out the laundry list of the select fire weapons we own to show our presence at TFL.

Are you game for this?

I own a selective fire IMI Uzi. I pretty much never use it because it's way to expensive to shoot, which is why I'm considering buying a .22lr conversion kit for it. I got it in 1987 for $3000.

Simply put the 86 ban has placed them beyond the means of the average shooter. Local laws are also an issue.

If I can remember correctly when I got my Uzi, I had to have my state senators signature. You also have to pay the government $200. I had to read over and sign like 100 papers.

The paperwork is a hassle but any NY resident with a pistol permit is used to that.

The $100 - $200 is a pain but doable for most.

Have you seen the prices though on available (pre 86) full auto arms out there...

While I admitt that the prices might be very high for some folks, it nevertheless does not mean that there arent people who collect them.

Talking expensive is relative since I pay over 5000 US$ just for Glock in Pakistan. There are other guns which are way more expensive than that. And where is the cost of ammo is concerned, well you dont even want to know!

I spend lots of moeny building my collection. And yes there is lots of paper work when it comes to select fire weapons. Even then I collect them fire them and enjoy them because they are not only my need but my passion as well!

The fact that a lot of us have been exposed to them through LE or Military service, may take the 'cool factor' down a few notches. I like them and enjoy shooting them as long as somebody else is supplying the ammo; but I personally have no desire to shell out money or jump bureaucratic hoops, just to relive my misspent youth. I'd be far more likely to spend disposable income on a heavy hunting revolver, a pocket pistol or a nice bird gun. But that's just me.

I am thankful that those willing to spend money/jump hoops can still enjoy that freedom, if they choose. Rock on brothers- be careful & have fun.

Talking expensive is relative since I pay over 5000 US$ just for Glock in Pakistan. There are other guns which are way more expensive than that. And where is the cost of ammo is concerned, well you dont even want to know!

Okay, so you are rich or make bad economic decisions. Big deal. Most people on the forum are not rich and can't afford those kinds of decisions.

If you are paying $5K for a Glock in Pakistan, then why not check some of the rich Pakistani gun boards for select fire people?

If I ever buy a select fire weapon it will be an AC-556 in a SCAR-CQB stock.
I think this one looks nice pictured with my Crazy Horse MK14 SEI MOD 0 :cool:

attachment.php

If I could afford one, I would own one. The 86 ban has really screwed the people over. The full auto gun I want most? A select fire 10/22. :o The trigger packs are going for $8000 or more now. :(

Macho men? You've got to be kidding. Most of the subgun owners I know are accountant/school principal/storekeeper types. Once you actually jump through the hoops to get a select fire gun you'll see just how dull as dirt that little lever really is. :p

BTW Sarge is right, its more fun if Uncle Sam is paying for your ammo. :(

You mean yall can actually take yours out and shoot it? I've been thinking hard bout taking mine out this weekend or filling up the gas tank in my truck. It comes outta the safe maybe once a month. :o

I have machineguns

I have machineguns cause I like to blow stuff up.

As for the hunting fudds I can afford to pay a profesional to kill and prepare tasty animals for me so I have more time to dedicate to blowing stuff up.

It depends on what you consider owning, I've recently purchased a MAC 10, currently awaiting atf approval before i pick it up and then a colt sp-1 fa PRE 86 conversion with a 10.5 barrel is coming late june. If it weren't for the registry being closed I'd be up to my ears in FA weapons, but as it is now, the mac is running me 3700 and the colt is over 15k. I can buy quite a few good rifles for 15k . That's probably why you're not seeing that many people chiming in. Not a lot of people are going to burn through tens of thousands of dollars on weapons they can hardly afford to shoot. BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what's your line of profession that you can afford to spend 5000 dollars on a glock? I'm doing well financially, but I honestly cannot fathom swimming in enough money to spend 5000 dollars on ANY handgun, especially a 500 dollar glock. Whatever you do for work, need a partner?

Last edited:
Back