What's your favorite micro subcompact pistol?

My light duty carry is a Ruger LCP, I force myself to run a magazine through it every range trip. Rather like being punished.

I find the LCP to be TOO small for ease of shooting past 3 yards; it is a painful experience to say the least. In that small of a gun, a 32ACP might be a better choice.

LWS32 and reluctantly LWS380 were my go to mini pocket guns. The LWS32 holds this role exclusively for a semiauto. Revolver choice is a mod. 351C.

Attachments

• 100_9298.JPG
    100_9298.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 27
I usually carry a KelTec PF9. It's not exactly comfortable to shoot, but it almost always fits in my pocket. If it doesn't, the P32 is my choice. That will always fit somewhere. Sure, these are "last ditch" guns, but if you're shooting in public spaces, it's close and desperate.
I'm going to keep shooting and carrying my PF9 until Keltec tells me they can't rebuild it anymore. I shoot it well. It carries well.

I carry a Kahr PM9 with combination dayglow/nightsights. I’d really like a P380 with the same sights to keep in my budgie smuggler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
I really like Beretta Tomcat, which is <5 inch in length and weighs as little as 14.5 oz unloaded. The Ruger LCP max is even lighter at 10.6 oz.

However, due to my limited knowledge in guns, I wonder if there are better options out there? Many thanks.
The question is: For what purpose?

As a SD carry, the micro .380 is all but useless.

For any reasonable performance, it needs a > 3.5" Bbl., and careful attention to ammo selection.

That said, a 3" Bbl'ed 9mm, especially w/ 147 gr. subsonic ammo, works just fine.

So, my choice for a micro CCW is the Sig P-938, loaded with Federal std. pressure 147 gr. HST.

Ammo Quest 9mm: Federal HST 147gr standard pressure test in ballistic gel

It is small, ~ 19.5 oz. loaded 6+1, and supremely precise, with accuracy better than most service pistols.
This must be true. It's on the internet. And I have been foolishly walking through my life with 13 rounds of Underwood Extreme Defender loaded in my LCP Max. All this time I thought I had a SD tool on my person.

P32 Gang

I love the Kel-Tec P32. Is it the best gun to carry? Nope.

However, it is pretty low recoil. It's only like 6oz unloaded, not too much more loaded.

This means you won't leave it home.

Sometimes I'll leave my G19 at home, but the P32 always is around because it takes no effort to conceal/carry.

.32 Auto ammo in my area isn't too available, but I don't put a crazy amount of ammo through it so no worries on that either.

While I usually pocket carry my Ruger SP101 or S&W M&P Shield .40, there are occasions where I want/need something smaller and lighter and for the last year or two my go-to has been my Kel-Tec P3AT as it's very convenient to carry, reliable (at least with the FMJ ammo I load in it) and, surprisingly, quite accurate. That being said, I've often been tempted to go back to my previous "basketball shorts" gun which is a Beretta 950B Jetfire .25 Auto. While certainly less powerful than the Kel-Tec, the Beretta is equally convenient to carry, accurate, and reliable. Also, what the .25 lacks in power it makes up for in 2 more rounds of capacity and ease of shooting as the SA trigger and minimal recoil make follow-up shots quite easy (and follow-up shots are very important with a .25).

Back