What's Your Favorite CCW by Caliber/Holster?

Caliber - .22WMR. Weapon - NAA Mini-Revolver, 1 5/8". Holster - I found a nylon single magazine belt pouch with a Velcro flap at a gun show for ~ 5 bucks. A snip here, a stitch there, and voila, it's a perfect pocket holster. Ammo - I try to find the new SD loads specifically formulated for mini revolvers everybody has come out with -among them, whatever is on sale.

I'm getting pretty good with the little fire breathing dragon - the 5/5/5 drill is no problem.

Charter .44spl. bulldog 3" in a Simply Rugged pancake holster with IWB straps attached. during the short "cool" season I remove the IWB straps and carry it OWB with a cover garment.

I always carry a Sig of some kind. In cold weather I carry either the P229
enegunus.jpg
or the P239 in .357Sig.
y2a2eha6.jpg

When it's warmer I either carry a P238 or P 938. All of my holsters are from Garrett Industries and they are leather lined kydex to protect the finish on the guns.

My concealed carry pistol is the Kahr PM40. I've tried several varieties of IWB holsters with different levels of satisfaction. Since it was cheap I decided to try the Versacarry clip holster. I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable it is even with the pistol being uncovered next to the body. I almost always wear an undershirt anyway so you can actually forget you're wearing it. I never would have thought something so simple would be so effective.

Glock 26/19/23 in a comp tac Mtac. Before my Mtac I carried in a galco kingtuk. Both are great holsters.

Thanks for all the great posts. I thinks it's really interesting what folks carry routinely and how they do it!

@zeke4351-
Your Garret holsters look pretty good. I've never tried that mfgr but am a big fan of the single clip along midline of holster, whenever possible, and "body shield" concept to keep weapon off skin above waist line is big with me too. Maybe I'll give one a try sometime.
Thx

.41 Magnum --- 657-4 Mountain Gun in a Don Hume 721, or a 657-4 3" in a S&W-brand holster of a similar style.
.45 Auto --- Colt Combat Commander in an old A.E. Nelson basketweave holster, or a Ballester-Molina in a cool genuine fake alligator holster I got off eBay.
10mm Auto --- Colt Delta Elite in a Bianchi #7 (I think).

32 - KelTec P32 - Don Hume pocket holster and Rafter S pocket mag carrier

38/357 -S&W 640 - unknown pancake, Don Hume IWB

40 - Kahr P40 - Comptac paddle or Comptac Spartan

45 - SA 5" Custom - Rafter S OWB, Alessi Shoulder, Milt Sparks #1 Heritige IWB(I might have this wrong)

Up until August, I carried a S&W 637 (spurred airweight snub)but that's back at the factory. Since then, I've carried my Sig P239. I carried the revolver in a custom leather pancake holster or Mika pocket holster. The Sig is carried in a comptac owb holster.

What's Your Favorite CCW by Caliber/Holster?
It corresponds with which is carried most as well.

#1 Ruger LCP, DeSantis Superfly in RF pocket. Always regardless of what else I may, or may not carry.

#2 KAHR CM9, Theis IWB hybrid.

#3 Springfield Armory XD40 Sub Compact, Theis IWB hybrid.

#4 Ruger LCR 38Spcl. +P, DeSantis Nemesis RF pocket in pants with larger pockets.

S&W 640 in a pocket holster. Loaded with What ever 110-125 grain 357 magnum HP I can find at the store. This is my go to gun. I always have it on me unless I am in a place where its not practical such as the gym or walking around in a speedo on the beach :eek:

I also carry an NAA mini revolver in 22 short. I stock it with Remington golden bullets. I have practiced enough with it to be able to shoot pop cans nearly every time at 10 yards. I think I could hit an attacker with it at point blank distance. In a necklace holster or a small leather pocket style holster.

I carry the 22 short usually as a back up but occasionally as my only gun in places that the 640 is too big such as when I am at the gym.

on cold days where I have a coat or I am driving a lot I carry my Coonan Classic in a shoulder holster.

id prefer a climate where I feel comfortable carrying my G20 or G29 year round... but until then it'll be one millimeter less.

if I were lucky enough to live in Alaska, N. Idaho, western Montana, or Vermont id pack my 10mm everyday season be darned.

I could probably do so here in the summer but after working 12 hours in the heat and humidity the last thing I want to do is dress around a large gun.

Back