What's your favorite 3" revolver?

My 3” GP100 seems to be one handgun I just can’t miss with...if I can see it, I can hit it out to 100yds. The trigger is about as good or better than my well used Model 15.

Favorite...but don’t own.

I’d love one of those “combat length” Pythons, but I don’t have a spare $8k for a factory one, or a spare $2k for a California conversion...

One of my favorite revolvers- S&W 65 with Crimson Trace laser sights. Sweet shooter.

Attachments

• mod65.jpg
    mod65.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 30
A police turn-in S&W M65. It was listed as Poor condition when I got it. Broken grips, totally scratched up, rust in the frame. Nearly all the scratches buffed out, rust was removed, grip replaced. It is very accurate and has the smoothest trigger than any of my many handguns.

3 incher

S&W Model 13 3" barrel. The last FBI issue revolver. Watch "The Silence of the Lambs", Clarice Starling's triumph!

Only own two 3 inchers - 629-4 3" & 624nd 3" LHS.
I'd have to say that the 629 gets shot more but, with .44Spl.'s. Full house .44Mags., out of the 3" barrel, is like holding onto a grenade. Very functional but, not very enjoyable.

DSC03285.jpg

LCR lets you get a good full grip. Good adjustable sights and weighs next to nothing.

I have three that will not be on my sell list anytime soon.
  • GP100 38 converted to 41 Special, adjustable sights
  • S&W 60-10
  • S&W 36-1 nickel

I also have a 60-15, reserved for jacketed bullets, and a 30-1 (32SWL), which guards my safe mostly. Then there are the SP101s in 32 H&R, 327, and 357, preferring the 32 H&R.

Probably my 65. It's nothing special, really, just an utterly utilitarian gun that carries and shoots well. 3" K-Frames are my thing, and I own several, but this one is regulated perfectly for the load I carry in it.

65_round_right.jpg

My only one .. Is my dads older S&W J frame 38 spl .. I take it out and run some Wadcutters and 158 gr LRN thru it ever so often ..It is a round butt .. For shooting purposes I placed S&W combat grips on it ..,

orqxdh.jpg

Last edited:
Back