Whats the best Safety type for a Combat Shotgun?

Sure would make it easier if they all had the same safety. My winchester has it in one place, remingtons have it in a close to the win place but not the same, mossys have the thumb thingy. I own all 3 brands but for some reason I never get them mixed up :) separate uses for each one.

November 29, 2010, 11:46 AM #2
Dwight55

Posts: 1,943 Just as a tip, . . . if you have a friend who has a pistol grip shotgun, . . . ask him if you can shoot it.

Get a box or two of the type ammo you plan on using, . . . go to the range and try it out.

I know very, very few individuals who can and would use a pistol grip 12 ga with full house 00 buck or slugs. You may be an exception, . . . and you may save yourself some pain and cash.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Dwight is speaking some good advice. We had one in the early 1980's and even though we were all 200lbs+, it was ridiculous to shoot. Being somewhat "macho" :D , we all said how much we just "love" guns that kick REAL hard. Yet after a few rounds each, we all turned against the pistol gripped 870. The webbing between your thimb and first finger is in for a real treat if you decide to get one. :D

Oh, and a thumb saftey get another vote.

Back