What would you ask a gun mfgr to build?

aarondhgraham

I was shooting the breeze with a fellow gun nu,,, eerrr, enthusiast,,,
He was saying that he wishes Ruger would come out with a DA/SA exposed hammer pistol.

I asked him why and he said it was his favorite action,,,
And he just liked Ruger as a company.

Ooo-Kay.

But I got to thinking about it,,,
If I got to choose a gun mfgr and a gun type,,,
What would I like to see them put out on the market.

I want CZ to build a 6" barrel .22 revolver.

You know the quality would be high,,,
And in all probability it would have a great trigger.

I think they would make something reminiscent of a S&W Masterpiece,,,
Without the weight and bulkiness of Rugers SP-101, their new GP-100, or the S&W 617.

Couple that with their fine sense of aesthetic style,,,
You know it would have to be a great looking handgun.

It would not be cheap,,,
But if they actually marketed one,,,
I would be the first in line to fon,,, eerrr,,, handle one.

Whattaya think?

Aarond

I want Smith and Wesson to make 15 round Colorado Compliant M&P 9 magazines.

I also want them to make the grip on an M&P9C a fuzz longer

I am not sure how far out of the realm of possibility you were thinking when you asked this question, but mine is a, "no way, never going to happen" request.
Since I am a huge fan of the .357 Magnum and have used it in all available platforms, I would ask for it in a platform that does not exist. I would like to see a .357 mag./.38 special in a semi-auto carbine (16") with "high capacity" magazines. I know the logistics and limitations and realize there probably would not be a high demand, but I still think it would be fun. :D

My "wish they would do it" gun would come from SAR Arms. From what I understand, they did produce it but it never got to the U.S. The SAR K2 would be great in 10mm. Even less likely would be to make it with an alloy frame chambered in 9x23. That would be pretty much the perfect full size SD gun for me. Probably 20 or 21 rounds of what for all intents and purposes would be equal to .357 magnum. Of course the reloaders would need to buy enough of them to get some ammo makers interested in producing good SD rounds for it.

S&W 66:
1) 2 1/2 inch bbl
2) FIXED SIGHTS
3) NO LOCK
4) NO MIM parts
5) DAO
6) SEVEN SHOTS
7) all stainless except hammer and trigger (and they be flash chromed like they used to do)
8) one piece barrel
9) Eagle Secret Service Stocks with S&W medallions.
10) and ENGRAVED!

Deaf

I would like to have a current production high quality break action revolver. My preference would be that it be chambered in 45 Colt, but I would happily accept any caliber. I believe that there is a Russian company that makes one in 38/357, but is unable to import it for some reason. Other than that, I do not know of a single company that makes one today.

Glock .22

Ruger LCRx 3" .22lr//22wmr. Glock .22lr convertible to .22wmr (or not convertible).......thx! Oh yeah, a Glock carbine (any caliber). Thx again!

I will not request a maker to make any thing. Probably tough just to stay in business today. Good/bad they just make what sales. :(

This is interesting,,,

This is interesting,,,
As I knew it would be.

But "a high-capacity 1911 chambered in 5.7 x 28" might take the cake.

I also agree that break-open revolvers are sexy,,,
Not real strong but very fun to use.

Aarond

Well, I've been thinking about an open top cartridge model (sim to Colt 1872 Open Top) based on the Colt 1849 Pocket Model, in .38 caliber. Sort of a Pocket Navy revolver.

Bob Wright

Hmmm, well.
I got my wish when Ruger came out with the Single 7 and re introduced the SP101 in 327 magnum. So I am good on that end.

Still want what i have been asking for since 2011.
A Marlin Lever gun in 327 magnum. Would have it ordered before all the Eblast announcing it would have been sent.

If I could ask a MFG to build the revolver I wanted the most, it would be a 2" 357 mag. steel revolver with the grips that I could shoot any full boat 357 mag ammo as well as any 38 spec P+. with at leastn6 up to 8 chambers.
Doc

Back